Chapter 16

I woke up on a dirty cot. I was still in my t-shirt, but it was so soiled that it was almost unrecognizable. My neck was so swollen that I could hardly breath, let alone speak. I sat up, and found myself in a small, dark room. I stumbled over to the door and began banging on it. There was no response, I kicked it and cried out, not only in pain, but terror and anger. As I wailed, my throat became more and more raw.

I began looking more around the room, but found nothing else of substance. I crawled back to my cot and curled into the fetal position and waited for the worst.

***

I don't know how long I laid there, but I must have fallen asleep at some point because when the door opened, I woke up. I was so startled that I fell back onto the floor, squeaking out a cry of pain. I watched helplessly as a man came closer and closer to me. "Hey," the voice said softly. "Easy there." It was my uncle, my father's brother. I tried to scream in protest, buy nothing came out. "You're alright. It's just your favorite Uncle Ian!"

I tried to back up, but the wall stopped me from doing so. I swatted his hands away, but he grabbed my wrists and kept them down. "You're alright. I'm not going to do anything to you." He slowly released me. "I came down here to make sure that you were alright." He brought a hand up to my face and slowly caressed my cheek. I flinched away and he frowned. "Is there anything you need?"

I nodded slowly, "Wa....t....er" I forced out. He looked at me with a pitiful gaze, then stood and exited the room. I waited until I was sure he was gone, then I scrambled to the door and tried to pull it open, again, no avail. I cursed in my head. I then began looking for something I could pry the door open with. Cot? No, the frame was plastic. There was a metal cabinet over in the right corner, but it was affixed to the wall. I pulled on the doors, but they were locked too. I turned around just as the door began opening. My uncle walked back in with a large glass of water. I had to fight the urge to run over and tackle him at the sight of that water.

He walked over to me and handed me the cup. I chugged my water in one, easy swig and handed the glass right back. He frowned, placed the glass on the cot, then took a tentative step towards me. "How do you feel?"

I wanted to scream How do you think I am feeling?! How do I look?! However my throat was too raw to speak so I settled for a scowl.

"Oh, right." He chuckled. "You probably aren't too well. IS it alright if I look at your neck?" He came forward but I flinched back. "Okay," He sighed, stepping back. "Your father wants to speak with you. He has been waiting for two days to see you."

I felt my eyebrows shoot up and my heart beat quicken. "Wh....at?" I croaked.

His face turned red. "Let's go upstairs." He reached for my elbow and I jerked back, falling on the ground. "Here, let me..." I tried to scoot away once again, but he slid his arm under me and began pulling me to his chest. I smacked his chest and tried to push away, but he just ignored me. He opened the door easily and began up the stairs. "Now listen, you r father has kind of... lost it. Please, keep this in mind." He frowned down at me. "I want to talk to you when this is all over." I glared at him but he adopted the 'puppy eyes'. " Please, I need to tell you some things. I have a lot to explain."

I frowned, but nodded as we made it to the top. It was brighter than expected, so my eyes squeezed shut just as I heard my father's hearty voice. "There you are!" He cried. "Sit, sit. I have waited a while for you to visit me. We are going to have a wonderful time!"

A/N: Next chapter will have Wrench, I promise. I just wanted to get a chapter out because I may not have WiFi until Friday or Saturday.

On a side note,  I now have Kik, so feel free to chat me on there. My username is EadlyenGreenwood and here is my Kik code. Once again thank you guys for being so supportive!!!

 Once again thank you guys for being so supportive!!!