Day 4

I woke up at the crack of dawn surprisingly and got ready for the day. I headed down stairs and grabbed an apple before heading out the door and to school. I planned to head straight to the hospital right after school to visit my mom. On my way to school I heard my phone vibrate a couple times but not checking it. I pulled into the parking lot and put the car in park before checking my phone. I had a few messages from Kat and some from Lauren. I wonder who I'm gonna reply to first. Sike Bitch Lauren. Kat can wait.

"Hey y/n can I get a ride today? I missed the bus."

"Y/N I really need help i started walking to school and I'm lost"

"Y/n I seriously don't know where i am." My heart rate picked up and I immediately called Lauren. It rang a few times before she picked up.

"Hello?" she sounded out of breathe.

"Hey what's going on?"

"I'm lost and I just made it to a store I don't know where its located but I just really don't wanna be late to my second day at school" I laughed and checked my watch seeing we had another twenty minutes before school started.

"I'll be right there don't move I'm on my way dork" she laughed before I hung up the phone and pulled out of the parking lot. I made it down familiar street and pulled into a parking spot getting out. I walked inside the small store and waved at the owner. I walked to the freezer and grabbed a tea heading to the counter and paying.

"Hey Bill, how's it going?" I asked with a smile.

"It's been good. I'm guessing your looking for a girl named Lauren huh?" I laughed and nodded my head. He nodded for me to follow him. We walked to his office in the back and found Lauren on her phone. I cleared my throat to grab her attention. She looks up surprised and I laughed at her fascial expression. She grabbed her stuff and we headed out. On our way back to school I decided to make conversation.

"So how is it that you got lost exactly?" She looked at me with a 'don't start look' I busted out laughing and continued the drive arriving to school a few minutes before the bell. We sat in my car before I spoke up again.

"Why don't we just skip school today and I show you around town so you can get an idea of where you are" I offered her not wanting her to get lost again. She seemed hesitant but agreed. I gave her a soft smile before turning the car on again and pulling off towards one of my favorite places to get away. As I stopped at a red light I looked over to Lauren to take in her appearance. She looked tired as if she didn't get any rest at all last night. I reached my hand out signaling for her to hold my hand. She looked at my hand before looking at me before placing her hand in mine. I have her hand a small reassuring squeeze before looking back to the road and driving. A few minutes later I pulled over to an opening at the side of the road. I looked at Lauren and smiled before getting out and walking to her door opening it for her. I reached my hand out for her and gave her a small smile. She took my hand and I helped her out before handing her a hoodie knowing it gets kinda chilly here.

"I know it seems sketchy but trust me it's nothing creepy. It's my favorite place to go when I need to get away." I said smiling. She gave a small smile and I took her hand again before walking off into the trees. A few minutes later we walk out of the trees and arrive at the destination. In front of us is a cliff overlooking the lake. To both sides are trees and right infront of us is an opening of green grass leading to a cliff that overlooks the lake. I look to Lauren and nod for us to go sit down. We walked a little bit closer to the edge and sat down. We sat there for awhile in silence before I decided to ask a question that's been bothering me.

"What happened last night after I dropped you off?" She turned to look at me with a blank stare and I knew what I was going to hear next wasn't something I would like.