one

I'm going to be honest, I really didn't want to see you again... but you never were one to listen to me anyway, right from the damn beginning.

///////

WHISPERS ECHOED ACROSS THE HALLS.

With her head held high, Misaki walked through the crowds of students, some occasionally giving way to her out of fear. After all, she was the so-called Demon President of Seika High.

Misaki liked it. Liked how she had that sort of power over the students, but at the same time, she felt lonely. Because all that the students saw in her was the fiery and terrifying Misaki, and not the real her. After all, all people had their own weak side. In the end, it depended on that person and whether they were willing to share that part of their life with anyone.

Fists tightening in her blazer pockets to distract herself from all the stares she was receiving, Misaki swifty slipped through the Student Council room with a well maintained expression. She knew for a fact she was not one of those people.

Nobody shall ever see the real me, she almost vowed to herself. However, she had to admit that hiding behind a facade was painful, as it meant that she had to live alongside a persona that was all based on a perception that a majority of the school shared.

Looking up, Misaki scanned the room and caught sight of the small, mouse-like vice-president, Yukimura.

"Yukimura!" she called out to him a little too harshly, with a sharp edge in her voice.

Flinching, Yukimura turned to Misaki, a few report papers in hand, "Y-yes, kaichou?" he replied stuttering, with a terrified expression. An expression she found quite common on the male population of the school.

Instantly, Misaki regretted her behaviour. Due to the suffocating feeling of being in the halls around the students who gossiped instead of studying, she unconsciously took her negative feelings out on the innocent vice-president. Who she knew, out of all people didn't deserve it.

Sometimes she really hated herself.

Misaki bit her lip and apologised immediately, "Sorry, Yukimura..." she said, fiddling with her fingers behind her back. "I didn't mean to give you a scare like that."

Acting apologetic or empathetic was never something that came naturally to Misaki, especially being the demon prez but she knew for a fact that she was wrong to act like that. Yukimura to her, was one of the only males that she could stand. But to her, it was mostly because he was very child-like and in a constant state of a mixture between fear and innocent - like a deer.

"N-no, don't worry about it, kaichou. What do you need?" he managed to say with a nervous smile. He was quite surprised by the president's unexpected response.

Misaki awkwardly smiled at him and folded her arms across her chest. "I was just curious. Is there something going on?" She wanted to divert his attention from her previous apology, to another subject which she was actually curious about. Misaki noticed while she was walking in the halls that many of the students were gossiping, which truthfully was very normal, but it was particularly strange that the small number of girls were the ones that were actively speaking about it.