Epilogue

[A/n: enjoy this 8k word epilogue. P.S. listen to the song after reading it. Thanks and enjoy!]
****

"Okay, so if Dan accidentally burns the café without me, please call me immediately."

"I will not!"

To see these two tease each other never gets old for Dallon. He'll miss it while the older man goes back to the UK again. It might take a while to have him back again, but if there's one thing about Matty that he can confirm, it's that you definitely won't forget about him.

"And you expect me to forget the kitchen covered with flour the day before my flight back last time?"

"I was still new in the business back then, you arse!"

"Like a married old couple." Brendon mumbles beside him with a smile on his face, making sure only he and Dallon could hear.

Dallon scrunches his nose at that before chuckling. "I don't think they'd appreciate being called old. They're in late twenties but not old."

"Married late-couple. Not bad?"

"Not bad."

The flurry of people at the airport seem unfazed by the two British men's banter but it's not like Brendon cares that they care. They're here to watch a friend off. They could at least enjoy it before Matty leaves.

"So, see you again in the next months, kids." Matty addresses him and Dallon with that lopsided grin of his. Of course he made sure to mess with his hair and gave Dallon a playful punch on the chest for it.

Matty turns back to Dan with the smile, but in Brendon's opinion, it looks more heartfelt. It's as if he's saying goodbye for the first time, even if they've done it lots of times now, probably.

"Say hi to Louis for me. And talk to your Mum, okay? You know she can't resist you. I should know. I've known her since Uni, remember?" Dan says, returning the smile as he pats on Matty's shoulder.

The curly haired man scoffs, crossing his arms as if he's annoyed by it. But the amused smile he's fighting is really letting the impression down. "Of course I do. I was actually convinced she was planning to adopt you. She adores you a lot. I'm surprised the adoption papers don't exist yet."

"Well, if you just marry Dan and get it done with then technically-" Dallon blurts out that made him widen his eyes. Matty seems quick enough to cover the taller man's mouth before he finishes the sentence and maintains his smile at the blue-eyed English man.

As the intercom announces that Matty's flight is almost for boarding, they knew the discussion has to be done. They'll be seeing each other again, anyway. No need for goodbyes.

"I think... he's more different than usual." Dan says as they watch Matty's figure walk away from them.

"How so?" Brendon questioned, turning to the raven haired man whose eyes continue to watch the other.

"Happier, I guess. And relaxed."

"That's true." Dallon agrees with a smile. "He usually looks extra grumpy when he leaves. I think that's a good thing, right? Maybe he'll make things better with his Mom and Brother now."

If Brendon has made it possible, then he hopes for Matty too.

****

"As of recent, we heard news that you sponsored an event for the LGBTQ+ community. Has this always been a plan of yours for your campaign, Mr. Urie?"