Chapter 1

Suddenly, a girl peered her head to take a good look at me right beside a cave. The cave was dark and only went down. The girl, seeming angry, suddenly lashed out at me and her claws barely grazed my face. All of a sudden, all I could see was a pair of raven black feathered wings on her back as she faded away.

🦋🦋🦋

Another nightmare. I woke up with a start and rolled off my bed, hitting my head as I heard something ringing. It was my phone waking me up to get ready for school. It was just a dream, Lilley, I thought to myself. As I went into the bathroom, I combed my long, hazel brown hair and thought I saw something pastel blue streak my hair. I gasped and tried to take a better look in the mirror, but when I looked too hard, my head throbbed from either falling off my bed or from squinting. I tied my hair quickly into a waterfall braid and headed downstairs before I could be late for school. "Morning dad! How'd you sleep?" I said, as I gathered ingredients for a small fruit smoothie I could leave with before school.

"Good morning sweetie! I slept well, how about yourself?"

"Sleep could've been better, but I'm ready for school!" I started blending everything and soon enough, had a mixed berry smoothie. I started sipping it as my dad left for work.

"Bye sweetie! Have a good day at school! You'll be ok walking, right?"

"Yes, I'll be fine, dad see you later!" I started towards the door when I cried out in surprised as I could've sworn I saw a white speck of wings appear and fly off. I shrugged it off, thinking that it was just me being silly and hallucinating, and headed off to school. As I arrived, I met up with my only best friend Will. "Hi Will! Ready to head off to our first class?"

"Hey Lilley! Yeah, I hope we do something fun like dodgeball in PE today because we've been doing boring track stuff these days."

"Same here, but anyways, lets go!" I excitedly walk to the gym, but along the way I see specks of white and pastel blue wings float around me again like this morning. I whipped my head around, accidentally smacking Will with my long hair. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Will! I just thought I saw something weird, but I've been having an off day so it could've just been me."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," shrugging off the idea. "Lets head inside the gym now." I walk inside sitting down in my assigned seat.

"Alright class! Settle down! Today we will be playing dodgeball. I will be splitting the class up into two groups." The whole class was very excited and all of us played. As the teacher separated us into our groups, there was a lot of moaning, but luckily me and Will were on the same team. When the whistle blew for us to begin our game. I immediately rushed to pick up a ball. As I rushed over there, I felt myself running super fast and dodging past balls. I finally got a ball and threw it. It hit Avery, one of my friends, hard in the stomach and I felt my hands cover my mouth in shock. The teacher blew the whistle for me to go over there. "Young lady! You are out of the game permanently! You need to control the way you throw a ball. You could've injured Avery."

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Fyad. I didn't mean to." My cheeks were deep red in embarrassment and shame.

"Well, I sure hope you are and now you have to sit out until class is over." Soon after class was finished, I headed outside to talk to Will. "Well, you seemed to have a good time."

"Sorry about what happened, Lilley. How did you end up hitting someone that hard?" Will was referencing my throw at Avery.

"I have no idea but let's head to our next class," once again brushing off any other problems that happened today.

🦋🦋🦋

After a long draggy day at school, I walked back home and I suddenly felt something whoosh against my back and sure enough I saw another girl, with short blond hair and with beautiful golden wings land on top of a roof. At first when I saw her, I has gasped and punched myself to make sure it wasn't a dream. Sure enough, it was real. Then she was talking. "Hello, I'm looking for someone and I think I found her."

Even though she was pretty, she made me a bit worried on whether or not she was talking to me or not. "Umm, ok..." I replied back awkwardly thinking that she was some sort of creep.

"Don't worry, Lilley. I'm not an enemy I just need you to come with me because there is danger coming your way."

I refused to believe what this girl was saying. She said she wants me to follow her? No way, I don't even know her. "Look, I don't know who you are or how you know my name, but you are creepy and I want nothing to do with you." I replied a bit too fiercely, but I decided it was right since she wanted me to go with her.

"Well, it looks like you haven't seen us, the Winged people so maybe you aren't used to it yet." She finally said, seemingly not taking any offense to what I said moments ago and flew off.

🦋🦋🦋

Finally getting home, I sat down on the couch leaning my back against the couch. All of a sudden, a sharp pain stabs me right in the back. What was that? I always sit on the couch like this and it never hurts, I thought. I rushed upstairs to go check in the mirror for any rashes when I feel a lump on my back. It was soft and fluffy. Still unaware of what was going on, I continued checking. Then, I saw in shock what had sprouted from my back. A pair of feathery white, silver, shimmery wings.