~13~

Criss and I were just finishing up putting up my new clothes in his closet...when my phone started going off...Criss grabbed it from off the bed and told me it was my mother...I gave a deep sigh, and told him I didn't feel like talking right now...but I grabbed the phone and answered it...she just wanted to see how I was doing, and if everything was going ok at the house...I told her everything was fine, and that I was hanging with Criss for a while, then after supper, I was going to go back to the house with Spike. Then I changed the subject  and asked her how the business trip was going...and if dad still had his job intact...she said she wasn't sure as of yet...but it was a work in progress...then she abruptly stopped me and said she had to get back inside that it looked like my father was choking in the meeting and needed her assistance...but she said she'd call later.

I took a deep breath in and told Criss that my parents were probably going to be gone a little longer than a couple months...and that my mom told me that things were very slow...and she didn't know anything yet. Criss came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and jokingly said that was a good thing right...I leaned back on him slightly and giggled a little bit, and said absolutely...then we chased each other to the stairs...then he grabbed me and he jumped on the marble banister and held me...as we both slid down the railing...which I had to admit was a lot more fun than sitting on the one at my house.

We made it to the bottom of the stairs...only for me to be knocked off my feet seeing a very beautiful woman standing at the bottom of the stairs in the hall, holding a toddler in her arms...Criss jumped over me and quickly asked her to wait for him in the den...then he turned to me and asked me to wait for him here...and he'd be back to take me on that dinner date...but I stopped him and asked him who she was...he gave a sigh and said he'd explain to me later...then he went into the den with the woman and toddler...me being young and overly curious I went to the door and peeked inside.

As soon as I heard the little boy call him daddy...I was overrun with mixed emotions that I quickly grabbed Spike and went home...I couldn't believe it...I was wanting to be with a guy that already had a family...and he never told me anything about them...he made me believe that he was single and available after he ditched Belinda...I knew I should have waited to let him explain...but me being a teen drama queen I had to show my emotions...which was hurt and disappointed. I wanted to talk to someone but I didn't know who...because I wasn't supposed to be messing around with Criss in the first place...let alone tell them that I was upset because he secretly had a family.

Meanwhile, Criss was still in the den arguing with his ex-wife, because she was supposed to call him ahead of time, and not just show up whenever she felt like it...but Johnny was up in his arms...playing with his face...while Criss was pretending to bite at them...Shaunyl argued the point over with him and told him that it was a last minute decision and that she had a private shooting to do in Hawaii, and thought that he would want to spend the week or two with his son...then she hastily took Johnny from his arms and told him that she was wrong and will just take him with her...Criss stopped her and said he would take his son...as Johnny was now crying and reaching out for him...wanting to stay with him.

Shaunyl handed Criss Johnny again, and then handed him his bags with all his necessities...then she kissed her son on the cheek and said she would be back in a week or two to come get him...then just as soon was she was there...she was gone...Criss went into the hall where I was supposed to wait for him...and hollered for me while running thru the entire house with Johnny when he noticed Spike was gone...he knew I left his house and went either home or just away...Johnny looked up at him and asked what I was...he smiled at his son and said I was a who not a what...then carried him out the doors, and headed to my house.

I was sitting on the couch with Spike talking it over with him...when Criss tried to open the door but it was locked...so he knocked on it and asked me to please let him in...so he could explain...I was teen crushing right now and didn't want to let him in...but I didn't really want to permanently tell him goodbye either...so I went to the door and unlocked it...but didn't wait for him to come in...I went back to the couch with Spike...and put him in my lap...I was kissing his nose when Criss came in with the toddler.

Criss sat Johnny down in the chair and handed him a toy and told him to stay there while he talked with me...he came over to me and asked me to go to the bedroom with him...Spike jumped off my lap and hopped in the chair with the boy and began licking him all over his face...which even though I was upset...it was adorable and I had to smile at it. Criss pulled me into my room and as soon as the door shut he was hugging me and apologizing for keeping his son a secret from me...but just until yesterday he didn't know my true feelings for him...and he didn't really have enough time to tell me about him...then he knelt down, and asked me to forgive him...with his bottom lip sticking out.

I gave him a tiny smile and said that I would...then I asked him what his son's name was...he said his name was Johnny, and that he was 3 years old. When he said he had cancer, my heart dropped...and I gave him a hug, and told him how sorry I was...I felt him have a moment of deep emotion when he told me that...like he reopened a hurtful wound. But he let it go when he said Johnny was in total remission. Criss spun me around and kissed me and asked me if I still wanted to give him a chance to be with me...I let out a deep sigh and jumped in his arms and told him to introduce me to the little Mindfreak.