How to Know What It Means to Love Someone Part 2

Know that, sometimes, love fades naturally. Not all love can last. Whether it is because you are fighting more often than usual, life moves you apart, or your interests slowly drift away, some couples fall out of love. The spark cannot stay alive always, and though it hurts to break off a loving relationship, sometimes it is for the best.  

Know that you should want to spend time together, not feel obligated. Love is not an obligation. You should want to willingly spend free time with someone you love, and if you do not you need to examine why things are different now. Do you just need some time alone, or is there a more serious issue in your relationship?

Everyone has times they hope to be alone, but this is different from constantly ignoring or regretting the time with the one you love.You should never feel exhausted or sad after spending time together.

Know that making plans without thinking about your partner is an early sign that you are losing love.
This is not about planning what to do for lunch, but bigger life goals. If you begin prioritizing your life without thinking about where your partner fits into the picture, you've lost the feelings of commitment necessarily to stay in love. Being in love with someone means they are on your mind and a part of your foreseeable future.  

Notice if signs of intimacy or affection have faded. This is true of all love, romantic and otherwise. If you no longer want to touch, tell each other what you enjoy about each other, be near each other, or have a conversation, then something is up. Again, these things are easy when you are in love, but can feel strained or even embarrassing when your love fades.  

 It is often as simple as asking yourself, "Do I feel in love anymore?" You might not be able to point to a reason or flaw that caused your to fall out of love, but this is an unfortunate fact of life. People grow and change, and sometimes they grow apart. While you may still like the person, the love may be gone, and it is unlikely to come back once it has faded.

It may be hard to break-up with someone, but trying to fake or force your love will only lead to more pain down the road.Always try to bring about a smile. It can work miracles.Remember, your ultimate goal is their happiness. Love them and care for them, and eventually, you will be rewarded.Don't be too serious with the person. Just be a friend.Don't give the person a chance to lose their trust in you.It may take a while for that person to come around - they may not ever love you back. As long as you've been there for them, though, you've done as much as you can to make sure that they're happy.