00 | Introduction

And so, here we are, once again, in usual me fashion, one re-write later

(fingers crossed this is the last time i feel the compulsion to something as unneccessary as this);

regardless, now is as good a time as any to mention: i placed 2ND!! in the TMoL one-shot contest with the initial draft of this short story and Lamia ( aka losangelesque aka queen of the universe ) now follows me and ugh. hard work pays off kids.

so this is me saying THANK YOU to everyone who read the original draft and enjoyed it but also to all who end up reading this much improved version. I hope you enjoy this re-draft far more than its predecessor.

++ as for what this story means to me, but more broadly why i felt such a compulsion to write this and enter the tmol contest even with that terrible original draft - something i was not able to properly articulate before;

well where do i start?

way back when i was first exposed to wattpad a fourteen year old me - in love with Dylan O'brien and more in love with Myself - thought i was a much better author than i was in reality (maybe one of these days i'll show you my first horrific attempts at writing... probs not tho lmao.)

Anywho 'The Misfortunes of Lolita' was amongst the first books i read back then except it wasn't completed back then and yet despite that I remember how it made me feel - the prose, the characters, the everything - to think an author could ever give so much of themselves in the form of my writing was really overwhelming.

To think now i have earned even a sliver of the respect of that same author of that same novel is so much more overwhelming.

so lets cut to the chase since I can't pretend -

I'm sooo proud of this re-write i really hope you end up enjoying reading this and just yeah. i truly love every single one of you guys. take care of yourself. and stay hydrated if you can.

- e.v.e

♡