Destiny strikes again

Nagi's P.O.V.-

I wonder how many people can have the chance to see the long awaited dreams to be fulfilled. Maybe I am too lucky. I have always been lucky enough to have everything I could wish for beforehand. But this time I am achieving the success by hard work, so I am not being bored. Even I am enjoying all these.

I have already won a few competitions after the first winning. Though there are a few that I could not win in these months too. I know that I need to practice more to win some more of them and to do better in the comiket. But I do not think as big of me as Chiharu does of herself. Really, she completely lazes around these days except the time for her job. Her next light novel is progressing pretty well but I guess she likes to show others how much she works than actually working hard.

In these last few months my confidence has been increased a lot. I am not only showing off now but now I have a much clear idea about my ability. So I can understand how to start and continue a doujinshi so that I can tell the story most beautifully. My skill of character development is still not perfect though. So now I can make some effective use of my talents.

I have to work a lot harder. I miss Tama and Shiranui a lot. I don't want to leave them alone for long.

I am planning to buy the mansion again. Everyone laughed at me when I told them about this. I may not afford to buy the total area of my mansion. But if I let the forest department take the woods around the mansion and let the Nagi Nagi land to be a public amusement park, I don't think it'll be that impossible. I have spent my whole childhood there, there are the memories of my mom and Maria scattered everywhere. And that is the safest place for Tama too. I think Hisui won't be that interested in that small mansion if I want to buy it. I have to go there again, no matter what. Before that I must be a professional and well-paid mangaka.

It is my second time being in the first year of high school. Not that I enjoyed the last time, but it is too boring to study the same thing again. I am thinking of studying the sociology, psychology and literature when I am free. It will nourish my manga and I can choose what to study in future too.

I have noticed a certain change inside me in these two years. Before I did not care about pictures. When I missed my mom, I used to go to the rooftop to stargaze, as she said she would be there. I could not find her in her photos. That's why there was not any picture of her in my mansion and I introduced Hayate to her at Shimoda. But the picture I have with Maria and Hayate is too precious to me now. I often cried holding it at night. Even now it reminds me of the playful days I have spent with them.

Yesterday was very special for me. There was a prize distribution ceremony. I won latest competition there so I was invited too. It was from a well-known manga, the celebration was pretty huge. Ruka was there to perform too.

Something happened there, I cannot say if it is the joy or surprise or relief that I am feeling. But it was much like a dream of course, and I am afraid if I really have to wake up from it if it is a dream.

I vaguely remember that time so it's difficult to describe it.... Ruka was late. And the audience was too upset with that. Apparently she was stuck in a huge traffic jam. And for some reason, the prize distribution could not be started before her performance. The visitors had been too restless to wait any longer.

So I offered the authority to let me sing there in stead of Ruka for some time. They were not sure about my singing and I could not sing the songs Ruka had to sing. It would be hard to be in sync with the musicians also. But the crowd even started to return home. So Ruka's manager approved me.

There was also a reason of my proposal. On the stage, where the musicians were ready with their instruments, I saw a certain someone. I saw him from far away but I could not be wrong. It was him. HAYATE.

I was so spacing out that I did not know if I was doing the right thing. All I knew that I had to prevent the crowd from going outside. I thought that I was mature enough. Enough so that I can face him again.

I told them that I would only sing if he could accompany me. They were a bit surprised but having no other option, they accepted it too.

He was startled by this announcement. I told the authority to keep my name a secret till I get on the stage and they did so.

I can't remember the incident that happened afterwards. I even forgot what songs I sang that time. It was my first time on stage, with so many people listening to me. I chose Hayate as I knew he could understand my intentions perfectly. I never sang in front of him before, nor did I know he could play the violin. I sang whatever songs popped out of my head and directed him by my hands about how he had to play. It was much like conducting an orchestra. He managed to read my mind and somehow could play along.

I was shivering the whole time. Shivering with fear and enthusiasm. I could not look at his face yesterday, not even once. All I knew that I had to make the crowd wait a while.

At last there was a time when I could not sing more. So I apologized and got off from the stage. Just then I heard Ruka arriving there. I was busy to refresh myself and stop that awkward nervousness that I was feeling the entire time when Ruka was singing. And when I went to receive the prize, there was no trace of Hayate on stage. And as I had school today, I had to return right after that, so I could not meet him again.

I wonder if he is dating someone. I don't know when I can meet him again. But when I will, I will thank him for everything. And I will also tell him that I don't need him anymore.

But deep inside, I have already started to feel a familiar pain. I felt the same in the last Christmas. Even when I fired Hayate. It can't be helped, I must endure it. Again and again. I still love him after all. But I feel at ease to see him again, especially in the last week before the Christmas. Maybe the destiny has some plans for us. For now, I can just wait.

-------------------------------------

Hayate's profile shows that his speciality is violin, while Nagi is good at singing. But these were mostly of no use in the manga. So I decided to put it in this way.

It may differ from what most of you have thought. I did not represent Hayate as a stalker. I described that they both were really separated these two years. I also tried let him grow up. Please comment me how you feel about this fanfic.