His Part

Devon's Pov (2 years ago):

"Happy birthday dear. I love you." My mother said coming into my room with a birthday cake.

She set it down on the counter and went to give me a hug. I was still lying in bed and I take a look outside the window and see its raining pretty hard.

I hugged my mom back and just enjoyed this embrace.

"Happy birthday kiddo. You are growing so old now." My dad said. He came and gave me a hug. I hugged him back. I can't believe I'm finally sixteen.

"Hey champ get dressed because I'm taking you to the Aquarium. Be ready in 20 minutes." Dad said. I always wanted to go to the aquarium since I was a little kid its been a long time since I've been to it.

I quickly got up and got dressed. Just put on a white v neck, my navy NASA jacket, denim light blue jeans and my white high top converse. I went into the bathroom and fixed my hair. I quickly brushed my teeth and went back into my room.

I got my phone and my camera and quickly came downstairs.

"Hey honey I made your favorite breakfast. Its an omelet with pieces of tomoto, jalapeños and onion." My mom said passing my plate towards me.

"Thanks mom. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I don't know what I would have done without you." I said and quickly ate my food while my mom was talking about how much she cares for me.

"Come on lets go son." Dad said while grabbing the keys to the car.

"Hey dad can I drive today?" I asked hoping he would say yes.

"I don't know I mean its like raining pretty hard out there." Dad said looking worried and thinking twice about going.

"Come on let Devon drive we can trust him." Mom said coming up next to me and putting her arm on my shoulder.

"Alright fine but when you drive be careful." Dad tossed me the keys and I caught them right on time.

"Bye mom. I'll see you later." I said kissing my mom on the cheek while my dad saying goodbye to her.

"Ok remember drive safely." Mom said with her arms crossed looking worried for the both of us.

I got into the drivers seat and turned on the ignition. How much I love cars.

"Ok are you ready for a great blast today?" Dad asked looking excited. Probably more than me.

"Yeah I sure am." I quickly pulled out of the drive way and turned the radio on.

I was pouring outside. I can't really see anything. I just kept on going and made sure to keep my eyes open.

We were driving for about 10 minutes now and it was starting to rain harder.

"I think we should head back." I told my dad with worry in my voice.

"No its fine today is your birthday and we're almost there anyway." He said trying to make me lighten up a bit.

"I don't know dad. I have a bad feeling about this." I said trying to keep my eyes on the road.

"Don't worry son. Just know if anything happens I love you." Dad said. I'm scared. I don't know what to do.

"I love-" I smashed into another car and my air bag came right at my face.

I heard a honk sound. My vision is blurry and I can't see anything at all. My vision was out of wack.

I blinked my eyes and I saw my dad to my right. There was a piece of glass that was on his chest. It was sticking right through his stomach.

I started crying. I couldn't believe I let this happen. I tried getting my dad out of there. I felt a hand on my wrist.

"Go son your not safe here. This car is about to explode. You still have a life ahead of you. Go enjoy it and make what is best of it. I love you champ. You'll always be in my heart. Just look up to the sky and you'll see me looking down on you and being a proud father. Just promise me something. You won't let anyone stop you from dreaming. You won't let anyone bring you down and you'll always keep on fighting." My dad said holding onto my hand while struggling to breath.

"I promise dad. I love you to." I choked on a sob. No. I can't leave him here.

"Go! Go get away from here! Please!"Dad said frantically until he stopped on his sentence and he wasn't breathing anymore. Dad I'll miss you.

I quickly ran out of the car and into the woods. But before I look over to the car that I hit, I saw a girl struggling. I felt so guilty but she'll take me to jail if she sees me. While I was running I got out my phone and called 911.

I quickly ended my call and I was running. I couldn't stop running. I just kept on going. This is all my fault. People died because of me. I can't deal with this. I heard an explosion and I knew where it came from. I cried even more.

What a horrible birthday. I wish this never happened. I dropped to my knees and looked up into the rainy sky and just screamed.

I screamed before my throat started hurting and I couldn't breath no more. I laid on the cold floor in the middle of nowhere all by myself. My mom won't ever forgive me for what I did.

Goodbye dad rest in peace. You were right I'll never forget this birthday. What a cruel place.