the capture

chapter two is here and we hope you enjoy... 

The case was far different for Kayna. She awoke to a wet smell almost organic in nature. The ground was hard but warm, and slightly moist, it had to be a hive. She almost panicked but she thought of her training, 'Wraith can feed off your emotions as well, you must remain calm, clear headed'. It was difficult to assess her situation but she did the best she could, the air was thick with mists, she was on an open floor, no walls, tables or chairs nearby. She could feel life all around her it was subtle and strange but nothing threatening until she dropped to the floor and spun around. She could hear it, a growl, it was low and close but she had managed to avoid it.

"For having no eyes you are quite the capable human." the growl was right above her now. She rolled again but it was too late he had her. She spun around with her arms out connecting with the wraiths head and he released her with a howl. "thou, not the wisest." he growled again. She kept her distance from him even as he moved, he questioned if she could hear him, so he dropped a small item from his pocket on the ground. She turned but didn't give way when he took a step she followed him keeping him at arm's length the entire time.

"Impressive." he eventually groaned. "You have already learned the sound of my footsteps. And the skills you showed during your capture have granted you my...ssppeecciiaall attentions." the wraith was almost purring, and she knew he was not thinking of killing her.

"You will never have me." she growled back at him.

"You will beg me for my favor by the time I am done with you." he howled back.

"Not a chance." she returned

"And what makes you so certain of your resolve in the matter?" the irritation quickly becoming more and more evident in his voice.

"I have already found my Parvana" before she knew it the Wraith was on her, she blocked several of his first attacks but he quickly pinned her against the wall and got a hold of her throat.

"Where did you hear such a word foolish human?" he growled. She coughed and fought, but he easily over powered her. "tell me!" he demanded.

"From my mate." she managed to say as the Wraith squeezed her neck. He picked her up and she struggled fiercely. He carried her several steps and tossed her down on something soft. "No. No." she pushed against him and he tried to hold her down. He brought a knee against her chest trying to hold her down while he removed his own clothing, but she managed to get a swing in. she dragged her claws crossed his face and the Wraith struck her with such force in response she felt nothing but darkness after.

                        *******************************************

She awoke to something pulling on her hair. She reached up there was a hand there she was being dragged, it stopped when she touched it. Suddenly she was standing, pulled to her feet by her hair and slammed against a nearby wall. She could feel the hot breath of a Wraith close to her skin and she took a deep breath.

"We can't have you do that again, now can we." the voice sent cruel shivers down her spine. She didn't think, it was a reaction. She turned and sunk her teeth deep into the neck of the Wraith, ripping as much flesh as she could in the processes. He gasped and took a step backward, eventually falling to the ground, lifeless. She stood there for several minutes, she couldn't be sure what to do. Killing a Wraith would almost certainly get her killed, but trying to run if the hive was at hyperspace, would also be a death sentence. There were no options that she could see, so she claimed her kill. She heard foot steps and whispering as she stood over the dead Wraith. Eventually, it was a stunner sound that ended her fight.