Chapter 2

Got damn it, Cherry what you have to go and do that for? I thought.

Although we're not actually related it still feels wrong, even though we joke about doing stuff, that is completely different from actually doing it right?

I decided that I've had enough of Beacon for today day; so I called a shuttle to come get me."Where you heading?" asks the shuttle master "Take me to the nearest bookstore." I said evenly. We approached the store I swipe my card to pay for the ride. "Thanks" I said then hopped out. "Rrrrring" The sound of the sensor as I walked into the store. "Welcome to Kered,Vale's finest bookstore" said a perky lady in her mid thirty's; I could tell by her elbows (The only thing makeup can't cover up) "Hi" I said nonchalantly she simply returned to the book she was reading. I looked around for a bit, glancing at the genres they have available.

Romance no. Science fiction no. Adventure, maybe. Fantasy no. "Hmmm... You have any recommendations?" She looked up from her book. Then stared at me for a moment sizing me up then said, "I got just the book for you."

She disappeared into the back of the store then reappeared with a dark purplish book. She placed it down gently then, blew the dust from it into the air. "The tale of Rellim. A classic." "Sounds intriguing, whats it about?" I asked genuinely curious. "Close your eyes for a moment." She said, and I did. "There was once a boy, who didn't belong. Everywhere he went trouble followed him. His parents killed in a mysterious accident. Nothing seemed to work so he said screw it!" I open my eyes to peek a look at her. Only to see her reading from the back of the book. "Ahem." She looked up like she had been caught doing something wrong. "Ummm. I was just jogging my memory." I looked down and saw a silver wrapper. I looked closer.

Printed on it in a big bold text. 'Fake Dust' "care to explain?" I asked my suspicion growing.

A mischievous smile slowly grew on her face. In a swift movement, she threw the book straight at my face. I reacted immediately slowing down time just enough so that I can grab the book out of the air. There was a sticky note on it

XOXO -love Nina

"Oh shit!" I yelled.

I already knew this girl's mo. Explosives, lots of explosives.

I ran to the exit slowing down time to 130% maxing out my watch.

I already heard the explosion roaring from the other side of the store I was halfway there when I an emp flew into the room. It soared for a moment, then exploded disabling my watch. Time caught up with me.

I dived for the door.

Carried by the shockwave of the explosion behind me I flew through the glass door and into the street.

I landed hard.

I laid on the ground dizzy and bleeding.

I was just coming to my sense when...

SMACK!

My world went dark.

Meanwhile at Beacon.

Cherry was on her bed tapping away on her scroll when Lin came into the room and asked: "Hey, Cherry have you seen Tim?" "Umm no, why?" Cherry responded sheepishly. Lin sat down next to Cherry and looked at her for a moment. Flushed cheeks, shy posture, eyes looking toward the ground. Cherry reeked of emotional distress. "Cherry, did something happens between you two?" Lin asked somewhat concerned "What! Don't be silly Lin" Cherry said while moving nervously away from Lin. Lin reacted instantly, throwing Cherry on the ground. getting on top of her "So help me Cherry if you let him put a baby in you I'm going to skin you both!" Just then Aicarey walked. Seeing Cherry, spread out on the ground with Lin on top of her.