COME ONE, COME ALL

~*~

  This sign is mounted in lights on the entrance to the Circus Everlasting.  

-WELCOME HOME-

It's a sweet sign, fitting for a place that smells of sugar and laughter and magic. A sweet sign to admire as you  follow the smiling old granny inside. A sweet sign to stare at as the Carousel sings to you its Forever Song.

Silly child, our circus isn't worth your admiration.

-WELCOME HOME-

It's a sweet sign to make you forget. It's a sweet sign to savour as you lose track of time- as your pocket-watch ticks away as you watch the show. As you forget where you came from. As you forget who you are.

Silly child, our circus isn't worth your thought.

-WELCOME HOME-

I'd advise you to be cautious. I'd advise you to beware. Keep your gloved hand on your expensive clock. Close your eyes and try not to gawk.

Silly child, our circus isn't worth your time.

-WELCOME HOME-

Hurry now. Hurry! The lights are flickering out! The gates are closing! The performers are hanging up their hats. Hurry now. Hurry!

Silly child, our circus isn't worth your life.

-WELCOME HOME-

Welcome to the marquee.

~*~

~*~

-DISCLAIMER-

This story comes to me in fragments, like pieces of a broken mirror that I'm desperate to plaster back together again. First came the silent steps of Whisper, then the swirling, spinning Carousel as I listened to my iphone. Next was the willful stride of Rosalind and the feral pounce of Ferran (and yes, his name is a pun) and the poised prowl of Harrison.

Inspiration for Circus of Silence comes from many places, I'll acknowledge them here to avoid any confusion:

This book is part Karn Evil 9 (whole song, creepy carnival) , part Hotel California (one lyric) , part Night Circus (Victorian-Edwardian magic circus) , and part Circle Game (chorus). Any other similarities are purely coincidental.

This is a project of passion- one of those rare things I do in the spur of the moment. I'm a planner. But this story? As of right now, this story is not completely planned. I have it mapped out in certain stars- certain events- but I don't know exactly how this is going to end up. I'm along for the ride as much as you!

~*~

ENJOY THE SHOW!

~*~