twelve ; discusssions

"are you okay?" noah asked lily as they got into a line at the airport.

she had been standing quite far from noah and closer to amelia. she had not said much to him either.

"y-yes." she answered quickly, looking at her feet.

noah picked up his pace, reaching for lily. she snapped towards him at the sudden touch and she pulled away.

"lily...what's wrong?"  he asked, not accepting the obviously false answer.

she sighed.

"fine." she agreed. "i'm trying not to make anymore possible drama."

he let out a laugh.

"lily, i'd rather have all the drama in the world than have you never talk to me again." he explained, grasping her hands quickly.

"alright." she agreed. "but will still have to be careful." she warned, letting go of his hands, causing noah to frown.

"okay." he walked next to her, but didn't try to grab her hand again. lily wished he would, but she knew that if pictures were taken, it could cause an uproar in the fandom.

so instead, they just walked whilst talking. all of them. the way all friends do.

"so when are you meeting connor?" finn asked the girls.

they shared an awkward glance as they realized that they had forgotten about it through all that had happened, but now that they remembered, they pretty much shook with excitement.

"oh my god.." lily murmured.

"any second now.." amelia finished, picking up her pace, lily with her,  causing the boys to fall slightly behind.

after letting the girls get quite a bit further ahead, noah and finn sprinted towards them, pushing the small of their backs forward as they stumbled along with the speed.

soon they had stopped to catch their breaths after laughing about the situation.

"jesus, you guys.." lily laughed, gently punching noah.

"alright.." amelia said, scanning the area. "where is connor?"

they began searching around, walking through people.

and then lily's phone began to ring, the name 'connor' appearing on the screen.

she quickly pressed the bright green button, answering the call.

"connor? where the fuck are ya?" she asked, catching the attention of her friends around her.

"uhm well," he said. "that's the thing.."

"i swear to god if you abandoned us.." lily started, causing amelia to get nervous and her eyes to widened.

"no no it's nothing like that. but i am stuck with no way of getting you."

"are. you. fucking. kidding. me." she said. "what the hell happened?"

"so, there was a small accident on the highway, about an hour from the airport, i'm stuck behind it. it's gonna be hours before i can get out of this."

"jesus, what do you expect us to do for a few hours?" she sighed.

"i dunno. but i'm really sorry and i cannot wait to see you guys. text me when you find out. love ya!" he shouted, a little too loud, making her pull the phone from her ear.

"god you're loud, love you too connie." she said then hung up. "so, connor isn't coming."

"what?" she heard them all say.

"there was an accident that he's stuck behind." she explained.

"so you and i are stuck here for a few hours?" amelia said, not exactly much of a question.

"finn, come 'ere." noah whispered, walks out of ear-shot.

"i think i know what you're thinking." finn stated.

"well, if we let them stay here, and just leave, we might never see them again." finn nodded. "but if we let them stay with us tonight, we'll see them longer, and maybe think of a way for more."

"yup, i was right." finn said, a sarcastically smug smile on his face as he walked back to the frowning girls. "we've got a plan."

"oh?" amelia sat up.

"so, you have no where to go.." Noah started.

"yup, we're aware of that." lily giggled.

"and we have plenty of extra room that you could occupy." finn finished.

"no you don't." amelia argued, not wanting to intrude.

"yes we do." noah laughed. "we have a suite with two joined rooms, and a master bedroom."

"you guys can share a room and we will." finn reasoned.

"well i want to but how are we going to get to connor by tomorrow?" lily asked, making a point.

"we're not filming tomorrow so we can get a ride and make sure you get there safe." noah smiled.

"fine." lily sighed, hating to just walk into their room.

"let's go then!" amelia cheered, linking arms with lily. "c'mon guys, you can join too." she grinned as they blushed and obliged.

they went outside, their luggage making that quite a challenge. but somehow, to all surprise, they managed to get out in at the exact time their uber arrived, and so they all piled in, ending up with finn and amelia in the far back, lily and noah in the middle with no one in the passengers seat.

"hey, aren't you the kids from stranger things?" the driver asked.

"yeah." finn laughed awkwardly.

"nice to meet you." noah said dully.

"so are these your girlfriends then?" she said, causing a most awkward silence to fall upon the group.

"n-no." amelia said, glancing at finn.

noah quickly mumbled where they were headed and we started off, awkwardness suspended oddly.

"this is awkward." lily whispered obviously, leaning close to noah.

"yup, and all because of one sentence." noah sighed.

"well you're in luck." finn told us. "we're here."

"were you listening to us?" lily asked.

"yeah, but i fell asleep." amelia said, faking a yawn.

"says you two." noah scoffed. "you weren't saying anything at all."

"yeah yeah." finn mumbled as we pulled into the hotel.

a/n
which ship do you want to see more of in the next chap? fielia or loah?

author: lily

editor: lily

published: june 4 2017