1

You are the moon and stars, the reason people fall in love with the night.

Jungkook never knew why he loved walking on the beach so much. Or more specifically, why he loved walking on the beach alone at night. There was something about the chill of the night air completely surrounding his body as he listened to music, with the feeling of the cold sand under his feet that made him feel so peaceful.

As much as the beach was fun during the morning; filled with people, the warmth of the sand, the feeling of utter freedom when surfing...

At night, it was beautiful.

It happened to have been the perfect spring day in Seoul. The warmth of the day was perfect for the chill of the night. The beach he typically visited wasn't the same one he visited during the day, if it could even be considered a beach. It was a sandy heaven with a dusty sidewalk around a large lake, with tall rocks completely surrounding the shore. It was almost an hour walk away from his home with the rest of Bangtan. After dinner, it was almost second nature to escape through the door of the dorm room, grabbing the closest wig and dust mask as he walked out. He usually managed with them on until he was at the outskirts of the city.

The Han River, he used to think, would have been a much better place to visit in comparison. With music, people, lights, and endless amounts of food and beer at his side. Yet, there was something about this place, perhaps the absence of people itself that appealed to him so much.

And so there he was, the fifth consecutive day that he found himself here, walking on the sandy pavement, barefoot, feeling the chill of the night against his legs when he realized that the moon was shining brighter than usual.

He remembered hearing Namjoon and Yoongi speaking of going onto the rooftop to see the full moon in order to find some ideas for lyrics of a new song.

It was odd that Jungkook spent the time to look at it really. It wasn't usually like him to do something like that. He found himself most observant or just observant in general only when he had a camera. He wasn't the type to stop and admire, rather than to incorporate the admiration into everything else he was doing. Namjoon or Taehyung? Perhaps, but Jungkook definitely wasn't the reflective type.

Maybe it was the way that the moon's reflection on the water happened to look like a silhouette of a cold sun, or the way the sky around it seemed to diminish under its enormity, that he decided to stray from his regular path, and go closer to the shore filled with mountain like rocks.

He wished he had his camera then. If Yoongi, or Namjoon were here they would be able to find a way to word the way he felt right then into music, but Jungkook had never been good with words, so he sighed, and slouched against a rock as he watched, in the still silence.

"I like your music," A voice said quietly, almost seeming one with the air. It was so unexpected and startling that he almost lost his breath for a moment.

The person had been so silent, so out of this world that he didn't even realize that anyone was there besides himself. After all, even though he had only been coming to this place for about a week, he believed this place to be his and his alone, as selfish as he knew that was.

Jungkook stumbled back into a decent structure before responding. Don't sound annoyed or condescending Jk.

Please don't be a creepy fan, please don't ask for a photograph or autograph. He pleaded in his head, as if that would make a difference.

"Thank you," he replied, looking up to the girl sitting on a low raising rock. Oddly enough, she didn't look at him again after she had said anything.