B A C K B U T S A F E

The survivors climbed up the birch spiral staircase that seemed to melt into the sand spiraling around them.

Silence, slight, ever so slight silence.

"Will you get the others back soon?" Whispered Crystal, her eyes foggy and misted over, tired.

"Soon, hopefully. My respawn ingredients are really hard to come by, so it might be a little while before you're friends come back."

"Well I don't care! I'm alive!!" Papisuu yelled out, going over and wrapping her arms over Crystal and Fangirl.

Fangirl sighed wearily.

"I'm just happy to not be dead," She stated, her limbs still sore, and she yawned sleepily.

Soon, the group broke into soft scattered conversations; Lizzie, Stacy, and Stampy in an endless group hug, crying, Crystal and Fangirl sharing stories.

Liv, Phoenix, and Dawson hung back, aching and tired. Dawson stretched and thought out loud what time it was.

"As soon, as I'm home, I'm going into a coma," Fangirl said simply, almost a slight skip in her step at the thought of going home.

"We're all fond of sleep right now," Papisuu mumbled, rubbing a fading tan burn mark on her elbow.

She grimaced.

"I'm gonna be sore for weeks..."

Crystal and Liv laughed.

Soon, all of them stepped up the oak planks towards a small trapdoor, light pink swirling light fading in.

It was almost warm, lighting up the small holes within. Fangirl stretched sheepishly and looking longingly.

"You know," Cassie commented, almost wistfully.

"If I hadn't fallen through the floor of that sand trap, Investigator would've been crushed before I-"

She stopped.

She noticed the others staring at her.

Looking down, Cassie saw her pale hands clutching her enchanted axe, and her face flushed over with coral splashes.

"Oh...heh, sorry."

Sheepishly making her way to the front of the sandy entrance, Cassie pushes open the trapdoor.

Cassie stretched massively, along with everyone else; they were in the living room, with windows shining in coral light.

The coral, a little bit of lavender, and spotted dotted cream wisped across the sky, a spark of yellow on the horizon.

They could hear birds chirping.

"We're back."

"It's so quiet now," Lizzie mumbled.

Stacy smiled.

"I like it."

"I guess that's it...we're free," Stampy mumbled under his breath, every bone in his body sore and tired.

"We are," Stacy replied in disbelief.

Cassie shook her head.

"Not yet. When the sky turns lighter we'll do out. It's still too early now," She commented under her breath.