Hit Or Miss Part 2

Joffrey  veered to one side, and the shoe crashed against the wall, the mirror it barely missed rattling on its hooks wit h the impact.

"Next shot, you won't be so lucky," I warned. "Get out."

Joffrey lunged forward, and I gasped in horror as his weight came down on me,the flats of his palms digging into my shoulders. I brought my knee up in a sharp jerking motion between his legs, savage glee welling up inside of me at his loud hiss of pain. I didn't exactly strike the spot I had been aiming for, but his inner thigh was enough.

"You can't just jilt me like this," Joffrey rasped, his voice suddenly thick with emotion. "You have to stay with me."

"I'm not about to reconcile myself to living on the fringe of your life just because you want me to," I said. "I won't share you with anyone."

Joffrey stared at me. "You and I weren't meant to last. Not for long."

"You killed my father," I said, tears clouding my vision. "You ruined my life. I'm not supposed to even love you anymore."

"But you still do."

"No—"

That was a lie. I still loved him, no matter what he had done.

"I—"

"I'll marry Margaery," Joffrey said resignedly. "But you--"

"I'm not your prisoner anymore," I said. "I really am not. I'm Tyrion Lannister's wife."

Joffrey smirked. "His wife. A dwarf's wife."

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked, grabbing his shoulders and shoving him off of me. "You could've told me you--"

"I didn't lie to you." Joffrey stretched himself out across the width of my bed, propping himself up with one arm. " I was telling the truth back then."

I stared at him wordlessly, not knowing what to say or what to do. I felt so cheap for letting him lie on my bed minutes after I had just screamed at him, threw a shoe at him, and I was disgusted with myself for letting myself erase all of the things he had done to me in favor for a couple of sweet words, but at this point, it was all I wanted.

I just wanted him to love me, at least for the time that he wasn't married.

"When is your wedding?" I asked, leaning against the headboard.

"Ina couple of weeks," Joffrey replied. "I'm uninterested in planning it."

"You should be," I admonished him. "It's your wedding."

"It'll get planned out, don't worry." Joffrey inched closer to me. "You should cover yourself."

"What?"

"You should—" Joffrey's fingernails dug into my exposed calf, which I had barely noticed after shoving Joffrey off of me. "—cover yourself. Or maybe not, because there's no point now."

I instinctively jerked my leg back as he began to rub his hands up and down the length of my calf, smirking lustily at me. I leaned down,twining my fingers in his hair and kissing him passionately. Joffrey kissed me back, his hands going from my calf to the shoulders of my dress, clawing at them like they were the hangman's noose.

At that, I grabbed his shoulders, breaking the kiss and staring him in the eyes.

"You can't lose yourself like this," I said. "You're about to get married."

"So?"Joffrey asked. "I can still make our time together last."

I held his shoulders tighter. "No...you can't. Not yet."

"Who says I can't?" Joffrey pressed. "stop being such a prude and enjoy yourself for once."

I put my cheek against his shoulder, trying to collect my thoughts."I--"

Joffrey sighed. "It's useless. You were never a rule-breaker."

"What?"

"Tell me, do you ever break rules when playing games?" Joffrey asked,a hint of amusement in his voice.

"O-of course not," I said, racking my brains to find the meaning behind the question. "It...it isn't....civilized."

"Of course it isn't." Joffrey's hands crawled up and down my back rhythmically. "Love isn't meant to be civilized."

"It appears to be that way."

"Love is a game with no rules," Joffrey continued. "So don't play it with constraint."

"I never expected you to know that much about....." I started.

"Love?You'd be surprised."

We fell silent. For a moment, I was actually happy Joffrey wasn't making any moves to kiss me or take my dress off—just the sort of calm interlude I needed in mind-racking events such as these.

"You openly admitted you're a Lannister to me," I said out loud, lost in thought about the recent events that had taken place.

"You already know the truth," Joffrey said, his voice cold. "More than you need to know."

"Whatever I've said to you about your lineage, it was out of anger," I said.

"It was still said, wasn't it?" Joffrey's tone suddenly turned accusatory. "And even if it wasn't said, you still thought it,didn't you?"

He was right about that.

We fell silent once more. For a while, the only thing I could hear was the crickets chirping outside and the steady rhythm of Joffrey's breathing.

"I think you should leave now." Whatever feelings I had let comeback to me for Joffrey were slowly dissipating into a feeling that screamed for me to get rid of him so I could think.

"You want me gone." At that, Joffrey's grip on my slackened considerably. "You want me gone!"

"I—you don't understand." I leaned back on my pillows, regarding his expression carefully. "Some of your actions are irreversible. Consider the fact that you're getting married. You....you're only going to have room for one woman in your life."

"You're not—I already--"

"You can't reverse what you've done," I continued. "You're getting married in a week or so, and as uninterested as you are in planning your own wedding, not everyone shares your disinterest,namely your mother."

"Marriage doesn't mean anything to me," Joffrey said. "I can love whomever I want."

"Your mother will take measures to make sure you're not doing anything scandalous," I pointed out. "There's no point in arguing about anything now—what are you going to say?"

"Try to remember I didn't want to set you aside at first," Joffrey snapped.

"You still did, right?" I shot back. "Listen, I think you should leave before someone hears your voice inside my chambers and decides to wag their tongue."

Joffrey pressed his lips together. "Whether you like it or not, you haven't seen the last of me."

"I dread the day I will," I said, and this time I really meant it—something inside of me just didn't want to see him go.

"Your actions say the opposite," Joffrey said scathingly over his shoulder as he headed for the door. "Good night, Sansa."

The door clicked shut behind him as he left. I waited until I could no longer hear his footsteps in the hallway, staring numbly at the door.

There really was no way I could ever truly let him go unless I left King's Landing for good, was there?

I buried my face in my pillow, and for some reason, that just triggered my impulse to cry.

I didn't want to—the tears just came.