Prologue

Hello my loves, we meet again. This time I have been working on a new story that I feel is a lottle more up my ally of expertise. I absolutely love suspense and murder! Not in a creepy way though! I dream of being a forensic scientist and that's what this is sort of about! Please please vote and share! I absolutely love feedback! Also check out my other stories! If you like this you will surely enjoy my good friends story "Abducted" by @AlyssaMinded. I'm dedicated the prologue of this story to her! 

ENJOY!!!

           Lucinda Rae starts her morning norm with a glass of luke-warm water to jump start her

metabolism. This particular morning she adds a drop of lemon juice, feeling somewhat

different, as if her body was preparing for something. Her mother usually would frown upon

her obsessive ways, but Lucinda merely ignores it for it was inevitable that her mother had an

opinion about everything she did—or anyone else for that matter. It was six o’clock on a

Saturday morning and no one in her family would dare be up at such an early time. She

didn’t mind the loneliness one bit though. Lucinda was perfectly content sitting peacefully

alone in her oversized kitchen, slowly sipping her water. This was exactly the reason she

woke up early on Saturdays. It was her only time to reflect on herself without the persistent

nagging of her arrogant parents. She was twenty-one years old and is not considered a child

by anyone else, let alone should she be treated as one. None the less, she was very content

with the timed clicks of the clock and the anxious padding of her dog’s feet across the

linoleum.

                “Wait one minute Sadie,” she looks down at her needy border collie and swallows

the rest of her water. After pouring the correct amount of dog food into the designated bowl,

Lucinda pulls her long blonde hair into a high pony tail, and slips on her trainers.

                “I’ll be back soon,” she pats Sadie on the head and walks out the door.

              She inhales the fresh scent of mowed grass and begins warming up her legs by doing precisely twenty jogs in place. After her blood is flowing, she begins a steady jog down the sidewalk and deeper into the neighborhood. With her ear buds in, producing a steady beat, she maintains a quick but even pace up towards town.

              Every once in a while she passes a few couples sipping coffee on their front porch or the occasional paperboy doing his morning routes. Lucinda respected the outdoors and could not get enough of them. This was her every morning routine that she followed. Wake up at precisely five o’clock, put on comfortable sweats, drink her warm water, feed the dog, and go for a run. Usually on week days, her run would be shortened and her time limit would be hastened. Weekends were her time to roam free of her home environment, and become one with her inner self. Most would find her ways weird, but to Lucinda, it was just what she needed to be confident in herself and fulfill her dreams. She dreamt of becoming a famous photographer whose pictures ended up in the morning newspaper or even high class magazines. Her love for the environment inspired her picture taking, and her teacher believed she had the potential to thrive in the business.

          As she slows her pace to take a water break, she feels an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. This was a bone chilling sensation that made her hair stand up on her arms. Looking from side to side, she sees nothing. Not even one bird chirping, or a car moving down the street. It was quiet, too quiet. Lucinda would definitely consider herself a skeptical person. Although her mother didn’t encourage cynicism, her Grandmother always told Lucinda that a little bit of healthy skepticism wouldn’t hurt, for not everyone-or everything- could be trusted. As a cool breeze blows over her, Lucinda Rae stands still, analyzing her situation. Her heart race rapidly as a new sense overcomes her. This new feeling was that someone had their eyes on her. She didn’t like it one bit.

          She hesitantly takes a few steps back. Quickly turning around, ready to bolt, she collides into something—someone rather. As she hits his hard muscled chest, he lets out a low chuckle.

          Warm breath tickles down her neck as he whispers in her ear, “Hello Lucinda.” As his big hand forcefully clasps around her frail wrist, she lets out a yelp, only for her mouth to be covered by something sticky, with a sickening smell.

         Many thoughts grotesquely flooded through her mind, but one particular question kept her trembling, “Who the hell is this man, and how does he know my name?”

        The mask over his face kept Lucinda from recognizing him as anyone she knew. But then again, why would someone she knew want to hurt her? Though obviously he knew her of course—not one parent these days would dare name their child a silly name like Lucinda.

       “Now you see,” he begins as he pushes her down onto the ground, “the red tape seems fitting, doesn’t it? It’ll match the blood for one and,” he says giving her a tilt of the head, “it’ll also remind your parents of that night.” He averts his gaze down to her now scraped knees. He violently pushes his finger into the scrape, making more blood flow down. She yelps through the duct-tape. “You wouldn’t know what happened that night though. Am I correct? They would never admit it to anyone. I’m sorry for that, because it’s a shame that I have to kill you for it.” He wipes his bloodied finger on his trousers and again tilts his head at Lucinda as if he’s searching for something in her expression. “You might want to close your eyes sweetie.”

            Lucinda blinks through her tears and looks straight up at the man about to end her life—in broad daylight for that matter. She had always wanted her pictures to be in the newspaper. Her wish was now about to come true, but this time, her picture was not to be photographed by her. It was to be of her, cold and lifeless.

      This was her last though as something blunt was smashed into her head. Then after a moment of unbearable pain, everything went black.

FEEDBACK MY LOVES!!!!