Chapter 33: All Good Things

After Luis left, I comforted Lauren for a few hours and she couldn't stop crying. She told me that she didn't want him anywhere near me, and that if he ever did find out about us, then he would come after me personally.

I wasn't scared though. I now had proof and I couldn't wait to take it to the police.

After spending some time with Lauren, I decided it was time to go home and she understood. She told me that if Luis showed up there at night, to not tell him anything. I kind of thought it was funny, but didn't show it.

Does she really think I'd tell Mr. Asshole anything?

I got Dinah to pick me up and when we got to her house, I told her what happened and showed her the video. She told me that we needed to go to the police as soon as possible with this evidence and I couldn't agree more.

So, the next day we skipped school. It was Friday and the day before Spring Break, so no harm done. It felt good to take a break from school and I wasn't worrying about it at all.

Dinah drove to the station and I was nervous as I was sitting there with the phone in my hands, thinking about everything that's going to happen. I know that they're going to ask me questions, and the questions that will be asked is some that I know I'm not mentally prepared for.

But, I had to come up with the most believeable lie if they ask questions that involved me being at Miss Jauregui's house.

As we pulled up and got out, I could feel my heart racing and I knew that Dinah saw how nervous I was. "Relax," she threw her arm around my shoulder to calm me down.

I took deep breaths as we stood in front of the door and waited to be let in. As soon as I heard the door unlock, I knew that this had to go right no matter what, it just had to.

As we approached the lady behind the glass window, Dinah spoke and told her that we needed to speak with some officers about something. The lady told us to wait here as she stepped away from the window to go call someone.

I was looking around when Dinah got my attention and told me to chill out and it'll all be fine. I trusted her that it would be, but I had a feeling that this wasn't going to go well at all.

After a minute, the lady came back and told us to step through those doors on left and then down the hall, we take another left to go into a room where an officer is present.

We thanked her and followed her orders. When we reached the room, we saw a man sitting at a desk and when he looked up, he smiled at us and told us to take a seat.

We sat down in front of the desk and my hands were sweating like crazy.

"So, what can I do for you?" he smiled at us as he looked us both over.

Dinah looked over at me then at him, "We have some evidence about an officer who works here, abusing his ex wife," after those words left Dinah's mouth, the officers face turned serious.

Dinah didn't give him time to say anything as she asked for the phone. I gave it to her and she turned the video on and handed it to the officer as it was playing and I sat there praying for everything to go right.

I watched the officer as he was watching the video and his facial expressions didn't tell me anything about what was going on through his head. They were mutual and it confused me, because shouldn't he be furious when watching that?

After it was over, he sat the phone down on the table and leaned up. He looked at us, "That was Luis Tomlinson, correct?" Dinah nodded and the officer sat there for a minute. "Excuse me for a moment," he got up and left the room and I stared at Dinah.