Chapter 4

This was a one time thing, Nico had no reason to believe otherwise. He had just accidentally switched with someone (he forgot the male's name oops) from Kansas and had to fix some of the mistakes the other had made. It wasn't that big of a deal, right?

After his call with Reyna, Nico walked over to his closet and sorted through the clothes. Yes, most of the shirts were black. Why? Because he was always mourning and why shouldn't he? His sister was killed thanks to some idiot who decided it would be smart to plow straight through her. So, he'll wear black until the day he dies and will continue to mourn her. Within a few moments he had found what he was looking for, a small red box with Bianca's name written in cursive on top of it.

"Hey, Sis," he whispered, tears brimming the edge of his eyes. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to talk to you today...I was in Kansas, it's a funny story how i got there." He laughed a bit, burning hot tears starting to roll down his cheeks. "...i bet you would believe me if you were still alive...It was, kind of nice to be someone else for once" His voice shook as he spoke, the tears continuing to flow down his cheeks as memories of the female ran through his head. The sound of her voice had already faded from memory which had broke his heart. "Im...im sorry Bianca...Im sorry I'm not the kind of brother you would be proud of." his grip on the box tightened as he let out a choked up sob.

~

"Yes, Yes Ma'am...I'm sorry for my language earlier today...yes I will accept detention tomorrow." Will muttered apologetically into the headset, his gaze focused on a drawing in his notebooks. "Bye, Mrs. Stoll" He slowly placed the phone down and traced the doodle with his finger, smiling slightly.

The picture was of a brother and sister, their hands intertwined as they walked towards the sun. The drawing was cartoonish but well done as Will immediately recognized the brother as the dark haired boy he switched with. His smile soon faded, the tear stains left on the paper were suddenly noticable and tore at Will's heart.

"I'm sorry you lost your sister, I.....I don't know how you feel but I do know it would break my heart if Kayla died the same way she did." He muttered quietly, quickly hiding the paper when he heard his door creak open. Soon after, Austin's head appeared between the opening.

"Will, Can you tell the Stolls that they're assholes? I'm not prepared to deal with their bullshit." He said, his voice strained as if he was trying to hold his anger back.

"What did they do this time?" He asked, raising his brow a bit and crossing his arms.

"Lie and say the meteor shower was this Friday instead of next, just so I would ask a girl out." He grumbled, glaring when Will laughed a bit. "Anyways, can you tell them I'm not speaking to the two of them until then?"

"Yeah, sure," He said with his signature grin, causing Austin smile back before leaving the room. "As soon as I'm done trying to remember who drew this." his gaze going to the picture's hiding place.

~

Nico had finally place the box back in its hiding place, his eyes completely blood shot and his hair a bit of a miss. No words could accurately describe how much he missed Bianca, for six years he had been existing. He had let life pass him by and he knew that Bianca would've hated that, but he didn't know how to get back to feeling alive. He was as close to being dead as you could get without actually being dead.

In a few moments, he slowly stumbled up and rubbed his eyes a few more times before walking towards the kitchen. They had left over chinese right? He could attempt to nuke that for a few minutes, it wouldn't be good from a nutritional standpoint but at least its edible. Starving just does more harm than good in Nico's opinion, plus his sister wanted him to be alive.

After setting the orange chicken and fried rice to two minutes, Nico carefully poured himself a glass of soda and drank it. He wondered what the other male was doing? Maybe he was cleaning his room? For some unknow reason, the name of the blonde had quickly faded from Nico's memory. Wasn't there a S? Or a W? He couldn't quite recall and just shrugged it off, the beeping of the microwave startling him.

~

Meanwhile, Will was googling information about schools in New York and trying to figure out which one the emo kid was attending. He wanted to meet him one-day  because you don't just switch souls with a person and forget their existence completely,  only their name apparently. After a bit he started to softly yawn, checking the time.

"Hmm....he might already be asleep? Well then, goodnight emo dude...maybe we'll meet soon. I have enough money to go out for a day and come back the next morning if you ever wanted to meet." He mumbled in a sleepy tone and pulled off the Batman shirt he was wearing. He figured the other had picked it out because it was one of the few black shirts he owned. He realized that the two of them would most likely not meet again and he would quickly become a fading memory. No, no, no, he couldn't get so pessimistic, he quickly thought of all the talks they could have once they met while trying to pull on a pair of space pjs.

His bed felt a bit large for once, the blankets and pillows not being enough for him. What if he got a bunch like the New Yorker did? Then he wouldn't be as lonel- why was he thinking he was lonely? He had his rough and tough, but also a giant teddy bear brother, plus a sister who wouldn't take crap from anyone. So why did he feel alone? Maybe it was a pure delusion? Or maybe he wanted someone to see the glow in the dark galaxy he made! Yeah...that wasn't it, that wasn't what he wanted.

It took a while but the answer finally surfaced, he was longing for a close friend. One that he could tell everything to and feel as if they had an inseparable bond.

"Maybe...maybe you'll be that to me?....I hope you are, I don't really have close friends only people I chat with. We share the same interests but none of us go into our life stories." He mumbled, his eye lids growing heavy while he quietly wished to meet the beautful black haired boy again. "I wish to hug you, to make you smile naturally on your own....I wish to make you happy wherever you are" So, he fell into a gentle slumber and his hands carefully gripped the dusk blue sheets.