Chapter 1 - My Hero

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

I'm Alexa Smith soon to be queen and I'm about to tell my story so listen in, I'm a 20 year old college student at MIT i had always been smart which my father said i got from my mother

I'm Alexa Smith soon to be queen and I'm about to tell my story so listen in, I'm a 20 year old college student at MIT i had always been smart which my father said i got from my mother. He didn't talk about her often but when he did I couldn't get much out of him all he told me was they met 20 years ago at an event, and that she died a few months after i as born i think he told me this to stop me asking anymore questions however I never believed him. And behind his back i did research on my own and found out the truth, my mother was the infamous Moira Queen the queens were the famous family of Starling city.

She was married however she has an affair with my father Detective James Smith, which resulted in me rather than he affair getting out ruining her reputation and her marriage she left Starling City gave birth to me before giving me o my father that was the last time she ever saw him. Apart from myself, my father, Moira and maybe a few other people no one else knew that i was her daughter. I often tried to talk about my mother hoping he would tell me the truth but he would stick to his story or try and change the subject which hurt me more than anything.

However we were still close and i often worried about him because his job was dangerous and my worries were right. One night when he was out on a raid with the SCPD there tipoff was wrong and there was more of them than expected and every officer there that night didn't make it out alive. The only thing i remember of that day was opening the door to see two officers stood there in there dress blues which only meant one thing that my father was dead, the rest of the day was a blur. After his death i spent a lot of time alone in the dark wondering what i would do next with my life because it was never going to be the same again. I was in charge of his funeral and i knew that i had to honour his life and the legacy he would leave behind so i asked for help in his brothers in arms.

The day of his funeral i didn't sleep i laid there staring at the ceiling as time went by slower than it ever had before it was time so i got out of bed, and had a shower before i got changed into a dress i had laid on my dresser from the night before. It was the same dress i wore to my grandmothers funeral this dress represented death. I stared at myself in the mirror for a while taking a deep breathe before i was snapped out of my daze by a knock on the front door so i headed downstairs and opened the door to see my fathers best friend Mike stood at the door. Which made me smile "Hey Mike" i said as i smiled at him.

"Hey Kid" Mike said as we both stepped inside and headed into the living room before we sat down on the couch "how are you?" Mike said with a concerned look on his face "i don't know to be honest, he was the only family i had and now he's gone and i don't know how to react to it" i said trying t0 hold back tears because i knew that if i started to cry I wouldn't be able to stop, i had to keep it together. "You don't have to say or feel anything that you don't want to" Mike said as he placed his hand on mine, Mike wasn't just my father's best friend but he was like a second father to me, him and my father knew everything about each other "Mike" i said taking a deep breathe before i continued "do you know who my mother is?" I asked which made his facial expression change to guilt.

"I do" Mike said stopping "who is she Mike?" I said looking into his eyes hoping to persuade him to tell me the truth. "Please i need to know the truth" i said because i wanted it to be real, i knew it was real but i needed someone close to me to tell me it was. "Her name is Moira Queen" Mike said which made my heart drop "but you already knew didn't you" Mike said with an impressed look on his face "you were always the bright spark" Mike said which made me laugh because it was my fathers nickname because i was incredibly smart. Mike looked at his watch before he looked up at me "its time to go" Mike said before we both stood up and both headed outside to his squad car. The whole journey i sat there quite just staring out the window counting down each second until we would arrive at the funeral.

As the car pulled up i got out to see over a hundred people waiting, police, DA's and the people of starling city which made me stand there frozen "you're was a great cop and this proves it, there all here to say goodbye to him" Mike said as I finally let the tears fall down my cheeks that i had ben holding back since the day after he died, because these tears weren't of sadness but of happiness. He was a very popular cop and all round person, everyone loved him. I was the last to make a speech "at first I would like to thank everyone for being here I know my dad would be so happy if he could see you all now you where like a family to me and him you know dad he would always run into danger if it meant saving lives and he did he was like a superhero my hero" I said which made everyone cry and I made myself cry even more.

Tears started to fall from my eyes and my makeup went everywhere but I didn't care we all followed the coffin and stood around it and instead of throwing flowers onto the coffin we threw one of his action figures each there were his pride and joy and I wanted them to be with him.
End Of Chapter 1