THREE

E X P O S E D
C H A P T E R T H R E E

ETHAN didn't know much about bipolar, other than that there were mood swings involved, not to mention anxiety and depression. Perhaps that explained her strange antics while they had texted- she never held back her upset, angry or joyful moods that often switched in a single conversation. Maybe that was why she was obsessed with Grayson one day, and then Ethan the next day.

"I hope you know that you being bipolar doesn't change anything for me. I still care about you, so much more than I can explain," Ethan assured her, stroking her bare arm. She looked up at him, her dark eyes filled with disbelief. Ethan knew why she had looked at him that way.

"You care about me?" Her voice had come out soft, reaching merely a whisper.

"I care about you so much, Andrea."

The girl gulped, obviously not knowing how to react. "No one's ever said that to me. I mean, my sister cares about me, I know that, but she never says it."

"I find that hard to believe," Ethan said, pulling her closer to him. His eyes set on the amusement park that radiated life and energy. He could hear the screams of those on the roller coaster and the music from all the attractions in Pacific Park. "What do you think of amusement parks?"

"Uh-"

Before Andrea could give a reply, Ethan had grabbed her hand and began to drag her towards the pier, not that she minded. Pacific Park had to have been on everyone's bucket lists- it was a dream for many, including Andrea despite her not being a fan of amusement parks, to visit the famously colourful ferris wheel and rides.

Andrea felt an overwhelming excitement bubble up inside her as soon as she entered the park with Ethan.

"Where to first?" he asked, as if she knew.

"Surprise me," she smiled. Straight away Ethan began to lead her towards the West Coaster- his words were 'to get the blood flowing'.

It had seemed like years since Andrea had gone on a roller coaster, and felt the exhilaration and adrenaline rush through her veins. She never realised how much she longed for it until she had gotten in that cart and screamed at the top of her lungs as it whizzed around the park.

After it was over and the pair had sat on a bench until they felt their legs again, Ethan's fingers intertwined with Andrea's and he led her to the nearest game stand. The game was basketball, and Ethan seemed to have practise- he scored each of his three shots and handed Andrea a blue, stuffed giraffe. Her smile was more breathtaking than anything he had ever seen, and suddenly his mission became to spoil her with all of the prizes he could win.

He bought her cotton candy the size of her head that was gone in less than five minutes, then moved onto bumper cars and apparently knocked a kid's tooth out, which had them sprinting to the other side of the park and away from the parents. With fits of giggles and tears, they clutched their stomachs that ached from laughter. Andrea never let go of her blue giraffe, whom she had named Grant after the boy who he had been won by.

Ethan and Andrea stumbled upon a shooting game, and the girl squealed with excitement.

"I've always wanted to try this, but my mom never let me. She said it was too violent," Andrea complained, her face scrunched into doubt. She was handed the gun loaded with three shots. The first shot didn't quite hit the target, which was a steel can with a red dot on it. In fact, it was so far from hitting it, that no one was really sure where the bullet went.