The Sword and the Spirit

Chelsea's P.O.V.

I slowly made my way to him and sit down beside him.

"I'm sorry for everything. For everything that I did wrong. I should've heard your side of the story. I just assumed instead and that was my fault. I ruined everything we had. I broke your heart. I caused you pain. I'm an idiot."

"Liam."

He looks at me.

"We all make mistakes." I say softly. "You definitely made the biggest mistake of your life."

He frowns.

"I'm kidding." I chuckle.

"I want to make it up to you." 

I nod, "Okay."

He stays quiet.

"What's wrong?"

"Scott." He gulps. "He won't talk to me."

"You're his beta, Liam."

"Where would I even start? Sorry for trying to kill you? Sorry for leaving you for dead so that Theo could kill you?" He frowns.

"Start off with sorry, the rest probably won't matter." I advise. "He'll come around."

~ ~

I stood besides my brother as nurses wheel in the dead bodies into the morgue.

"Everything is going to be okay." I squeeze his hand.

"Parrish, I know what you're thinking." The Sheriff walks up to us. "The dream is not coming true. It's not."

"Sheriff, there's 23 bodies." Jordan frowns. "Twenty-three of them."

"Which means you're going to go back to the station and you're gonna go through every missing persons report for the past two weeks. That's what we do. You got it, Parrish?" Sheriff tells him.

Jordan sighs before walking away.

I sigh, "It's hard on him. He practically blames himself."

The Sheriff sighs as well, "Yeah, I can tell."

The elevator doors open and out come Scott, Stiles, and Kira.

"Who found them?" Stiles looks at a nurse wheeling a dead body into the morgue.

"My dad." I answer. "He said the Doctors were down there."

"He told me you guys might know what this thing is." The Sheriff looks between all of us.

"We've got a theory." Scott spoke up. 

"It's a slightly terrifying theory." Stiles adds.

"Well, the ME said that victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels." Sheriff tells us. 

"Hey, what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies." 

"Why would they do that?" Kira questions. 

"Maybe they're covering for it. Protecting it like a parent would." Stiles suggests. 

"Protecting what?" Sheriff questions confused.

"A werewolf."

"It's called the Beast of Gevaudan." I spoke.

"We know. Horrifying." Stiles says with slight sarcasm. 

"We better figure out what we're gonna call the Parrish's." Sheriff looks at me. "Because it looks like their dreams are coming true."

~ ~