The train ride

Everything that happened afterward is a haze. I have fragmented clips of Harper and I flying around the apartment packing our lives into suitcases then running to Aunt Sharon's car to get to the train station. When we arrived at the train station, she sat us at a table inside and told us "have to make a call to the man himself" and fled from us. Then an image of Aunt Sharon handing us train tickets and then the actual boarding. Her quick goodbye hugs and promises of writing us letters. My brain wasn't able to finally catch up until we'd been on the almost an hour.

"What was that all about?" I asked Harper but she didn't reply.

She stared out the train window and the foggy landscape flying past us. The question hung between us unanswered until she turned to me.

"Who's Mr. Terror?" she asked.

"I wish I knew. I'll look him up. He's probably some greasy old guy who just felt sorry for us. What I don't get though is how quickly Aunt Sharon gave us up. It almost felt like she's afraid of something. Hand me my phone."

Harper handed me my phone and I quickly pulled up safari and typed in George Lucas Terror. Absolutely nothing came up. Not even when I added "Hollywood Tower Hotel" to the search bar.

"That's odd," I said.

"What?"

"He's not coming up. Very little about the hotel itself is even showing up. Just this advertisement."

Hollywood Tower Hotel

Fine rooms and an excellent staff

Why stay in any ordinary hotel when you could stay where all the celebrities do

Prices will be determined when you check in

We are here to please you

And below were attached several pictures of the staff and some shots of the rooms themselves.

"How did Mr. Terror know our parents died?" Harper asked. For once, she was a step ahead of me. I felt the floor drop beneath me.

"I don't know...," is all I could muster in response. When mom and dad replied, Aunt Sharon was very hush hush about it. She didn't want to somehow put us in danger of the robbers returning and killing us. They've still not been caught. And from the reaction of Aunt Sharon, the letter from Mr. Terror was completely unexpected. So it's not likely she told him. She looked afraid. Clearly there's something about this whole situation that she's not telling us; I just don't know what it is.

"Piper, look at this. His letter is stamped as having been mailed out on the 22nd."

"So?"

"Mom and Dad didn't die until the 24th."

That's when time froze.

More coming out soon. Sorry for a short chapter. I'll try to make them longer.