$1

Your name is Evangeline in this, Change it if you want

"Father" you said, pursing your small rose like lips. You pulled on his thick mocha colored coat that matched the dim aura that your father's study drowned in. " No, Evangeline" he refused to avert his eyes from the crisp paperwork that was pinned on to a board that lay on his rich mahogany study desk . It took all your will power to not throw a fit, and instead you turned around and studied the gloomy room, lit up by only a small oil lamp that your father had chosen over a modern lighting system. "It saves money like you would not believe" he would say when he was still a middle class worker, but his coworkers would continue to mock him.  Now he leisures on top of the business hierarchy, but keeps his tradition of simplistic tools. "Daddy, if you could just talk t-" your father shot you a look that you were all too familiar with.
"Leave." His words were like shining icepicks, soaring at you and stabbing in to your small, 5 year old joints. Clear but harmful. Not hesitating, you rushed out the door and felt a sharp breeze as the large oak door was violently shut behind you. You turned back, looking at the door's gold inscriptions. It was beautiful to say the least, and looked like it held promise to your dismal, Victorian house. "Only leads to boredom" you huffed and stormed back to your nursery.
~~
In the nursery, a small boy sat, his rosy cheeks swelled with excitement as he saw you stepping in. "Hi! You're Eva right?" he said, followed by joyous giggling, You only nodded politely and picked up a plastic dog figurine. The boy, undeterred by your distant response instantly plopped himself down next to you, and blocked your view with his grinning face. "I'm Maddox!" his grin widened in an unbreakable excitement.
"Ok" you responded, as you rocked the plastic dog in your cupped hands,
Maddox's expression faltered the tiniest bit, but he pressed on, "I'm your brother's friend! I'm 7 years old, just like him, Oh! and so is my brot-".
"OH MY GOD, I HAVE NEVER CARED LESS IN MY LIFE!" You screamed at him, "PLEASE, SHUT UP!" Your tiny clutched fists turned pale, whilst your face burned red. His grin disappeared, and he had a look of pure shock and fear. "I'm sorry.." he said and looked away, "you better b-" you were interrupted as another 7 year old, completely identical to Maddox peeked in to the doorway
"What happened?" He said.
"Oh my god there's more"
you said under your breath, but to your relief Maddox ran away  and joined the boy in the doorway. "N-nothing" he choked out, but his voice sounded strained, the boy put his arm around Maddox, and walked away with him, comforting him. As he walked, he turned around and gave you an icy cold glare.