11

Harry's point of view

It's now Thursday, and Leah and the kids are coming to Holmes Chapel for dinner. Today is also the day that Wesley gets to meet his big brothers and sisters, which he's been looking forward to for days. 

Wesley and I were sitting on the couch watching TV when the doorbell rang. Wesley got really excited and walked with me to the door. He stayed behind me all the time, though, because even though he was excited to meet them, he was also quite nervous too. 

I opened the door and was first met by Darcy, whom I hadn't seen since she saw me in Seattle. I immediately hugged her and told her I had missed her, and she said she had missed me too. Next was Caden, then Olivia, and then Noah. Leah was last, and I gave her a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. She still hadn't said anything about what was gonna happen with us. 

All of us were inside now, and Wesley hid behind my leg, clinging onto it. I crouched down to his height and let him sit on my leg. 

"Wesley, these are your older siblings. You wanna say hi to them?" I said to him. He grinned while shyly saying 'hi'. He kept himself in my embrace the whole time. 

Darcy came over to us and crouched down as well. She smiled at Wesley and said, "Hello, Wesley. I'm Darcy, your oldest big sister. Dad has told me lots about you." 

"Really?" Wesley said and his eyes lit up. He then looked up at me, making me smile. 

"You're really lucky he's your dad." She said. 

"I know. Daddy is the best daddy ever!" He exclaimed. I couldn't help but let out a tear when I heard him say that. 

After that, Darcy and the other kids took Wesley with them upstairs to play. They all seemed to be getting along nicely, which was a big relief for me. 

My mum and my sister were in the kitchen making dinner, so it was just me and Leah left. 

"Can we go outside and talk?" I asked and she nodded. We walked out to the backyard and sat down in two empty chairs. "Leah, what's exactly going between us? Are we good or not?" 

"I honestly don't know... I don't want to divorce you, Harry, but I do need some time. I need time to let all of this sink in. Now that I've actually seen Wesley and realized that all of this actually is happening, it's harder for me to deal with all of this. Don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy to live with Wesley and have him grow up in our home, but as I said, I just need some time to get used to the thought." She said. I nodded. 

"I understand." I said. "How are we gonna do it, then? Wesley and I could stay here for a while, if that's an option." 

"No, no, no. You don't have to stay here, unless you want to. The house is yours too. I'm just saying that I need time until we can be like we were. I'm not throwing you or Wesley out." She said. "Darcy took a few weeks off school to stay at home and be with the family after everything that's happened, though, so I guess Wesley and Noah will have to share a room."

"Yeah, I'm sure neither of them will mind." I replied. 

Leah was quiet for a while and she just looked down in her lap, picking her nails. I was about to excused myself and go inside to help mum with dinner, but that was when Leah spoke again. 

"Harry?" 

"Yeah?" I asked. She still looked down and I couldn't really see her face, but I saw a tear roll down her cheek. "Leah, what's wrong? What's happened?" 

"It's... It's my dad. He passed..." She said, letting more tears fall. I immediately scooted my chair over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She buried her head into my neck and I felt her tears on my skin. It brought tears to my own eyes too, not only because it hurt me seeing Leah like that, which it really did. But, it broke me to hear that my father-in-law was dead. 

"When did it happen?" I asked after a few minutes. 

"Yesterday... The kids know, but I told them to not let you understand something was up. I wasn't even gonna tell you right now, but I couldn't hold it in." She said. 

"Was he sick?" I asked. 

"No. He was just old..." She replied. I didn't say anything back, I just kept her in my embrace and let her cry into my shoulder. Seeing Leah like that hurt me, it always hurt me seeing her sad. 

"I'll pay for his funeral." I told Leah. 

"No, you don't have to do that, Harry, I-" 

"I want to. Your dad meant a lot to me, too. He helped us raise our children and he always played with them when we were too tired. I owe it to his man." I said. 

"You're too sweet." She said, giving me a half and sad smile. 

-------

been a while since I updated on this, but I hope you like it!!