Chapter 1

Break ups are hard.

I'm serious, this is the hardest thing I've ever went through. No one is lying when they say you feel like your heart is being torn forcefully out of your chest and ripped into pieces. Or that a deep black hole invaded your chest and sucked in any emotions that was left in you, making you feel empty and numbing your body. 

I felt both of those and a million more.  You can't blame me, the love of my life has left, gone, disappeared for a better life with someone else. He'll never hold me again, kiss me, hold my hand, ignite the flame of happiness that I get when I see him. 

There will be no more "I love you"s and "have a good day" texts. I'm just left with a cold empty feeling, a gap in my heart that is the shape of him.

I roll over in my bed, my alarm clock reading 7:30 a.m. in bright red letters. I groan and cover my face with my pillow. I have no urge to get out of bed and go to work. I would rather just lay in bed and stuff my face with sweets and watch Netflix. I know that I possibly cannot do that. I need to not show that i'm weak, but that i'm strong and can deal with this whole situation.

Harry would definitely have a laughing fit if I walked into the office looking like I haven't slept in days which I haven't, but he can't know that. That would ruin his ego and his perfect new life.

I finally get out of bed and slowly walk over to my bathroom. I turn my shower on and don't bother to turn the hot water knob. I strip off and walk in, my body instantly feels like it's being attacked with ice in the shape of needles.

Typically, my showers would be very warm and feel like i'm being wrapped in a heated blanket but today, I feel like i'm being pelted with balls of ice.

By the time I finish washing my hair and body, everything is numb to the touch. I step out and dry off, wrapping my hair in a towel. I leave my bathroom and walk over to my closet. I spot my favorite pair of sweatpants and favorite sweater, instantly wishing I could just call off at work and change into those.

I shrug the fact that I can't do that and slip on a simply black pencil skirt and red blouse. It's a step down from what I usually wear but it will do.

I blow dry my dark brown hair and lightly apply some makeup, mainly focusing on covering my dark eye bags and breakout area. When I'm satisfied with my appearance, I slip on some plain black flats and grab my purse.

Stepping outside I glance up at the sky and see that it is a gloomy day. Grey clouds hide the sun and it looks like it's about to start to rain. I get into my car and drive off. The drive to the publishing company is only a 15 minute drive.

When I found the apartment I am currently living in, I was so thankfully that it was only a short drive to work but now, I wish it was much longer.

When I pull into work, I notice that his car isn't there. I feel my nerves slightly calming down. I find a parking spot and get out of my car, taking a few deep breathes first. I walk into the building and go straight to the elevator. I press the 6 button and stand back, wishing that the elevator would break.

My wish was not granted and the doors open, Harry standing on the other side of the door with a blondie.

"Thank you for the ride today Claire." He smiles at her and she playfully touches his arm, "Anytime Mr.Styles, I would be more than happy to drive you home after work, maybe we could make a pit stop for some coffee?" I can feel the anger boiling in me, how dare he just move on like that.

"That would be lovely and please, call me Harry." He responds and she lets out a flirty giggle.

I finally clue in that i'm standing still a few feet in front of them when Claire glances over at me and gives me a death glare. Harry follows her eyes and his face just reads no emotion. I quickly turn away and head towards my office, holding my tears back as best I can.

The secretary Karen doesn't realize it's me quickly walking by, which I'm thankful for. When I reach my office, Immediately I shut my door and collapse against it. I regret ever coming to work today.

I knew I wasn't ready to face him. I should of know he would of found someone by now, he's Harry Styles! He could get any woman at this publishing company.

I let the tears fall down my face, forgetting about how it will make my mascara run. Unable to get up, I stay there and just let myself have the cry I've been needing.

Okay so can we just talk about how good Harry Styles' new album is! So for this book, I decided to start it off with the break up, a very different take on a fanfiction. Next chapter will definitely be longer!