chapter 14

i woke up. i just laid there. tomorrow steven was leaving me. he was going on tour for a month. a month of no steven. i was sad. i got up and took a shower. i did my makeup and straightened my hair. i had dance today. my abuela gave me a ride to my dance class. "hey girl." abbi said to me. "hey." i said hugging her. "we got a hot new boy." she said pointing towards him. he had a black diamond shirt and the pants every boy wears and he had all black nike sbs. "whats his name?" i asked her. "Dakota Rodriguez. hes hot." she said. i laughed. "hey sky! come meet this kid!" sam said. i walked over there. "hi im Dakota Rodriguez." he said smiling. he had a very nice smile. "hi im Skyler Garcia but you can call me Sky." i said. "nice. i heard your a really good dancer." he said. i nodded. "show me something." he said. i got nervous. "um okay but you have to show me something to." i said winking. he laughed. "okay let me stretch first." i said. i started to stretch. then i got done. i told the dj to play Break The Bank by Schoolboy Q. i loved dancing to schoolboy q. hes my favorite rapper. the song started. i started to rap a little of the song. "uh fuck rap i been rich." i whispered to myself. i started to dance. "so now we about to break the bank. money on my mind." the song sang. "damn shes good." i heard dakota say. he jumped on stage and pushed me out of the way as a joke and he started to dance. he was really good. he did a backflip. i joined him. we started to dance together. he smiled at me. i smiled back. he put his hands out to do a backflip. i did one and he did to. the song ended. "damn your good." he said. "okay kids sit down." our dance teacher told us. his name was tayvien. he was a stong black guy. "okay so we have a new kid Dakota Rodriguez. hes a good dancer. as you guys know there is a dance competition bcoming up and we need to get in partners. okay. abbi and sam. mitch and lexy. got some bad news to. rosé quite so we wont have her. anyways dakota and skyler. okay so make a plan and practice and pick the song you want to do. let me know the song and you have the rest of the hour to practice and you have about 1 month to know your steps. okay get to it." tayvien said. sweet i have a good partner. "okay dakota lets pick a song." i said. i grabbed my phone and was looking for a song. "i have one!" he said. "okay." i said. "lets do Slide by Calvin Harris. frank ocean has a great voice and our dance moves would go great with it." he said. "oh dulce!" i said. he nodded. we started to practice. it was time to go. it was 5:30. my abuela was waiting for me. "hey can i get your number?" dakota asked me. i nodded and gave it to him. "okay i'll text you my address for when we can practice." i said. he nodded. i saw steven in the van. "hey babe." i said getting in the car. "hi." he said in a angry voice. i just rolled my eyes. "how was it bebé?" my abuela asked. "it was great. we have competition coming up and i have a grwt partner. hes really good at dancing." i said. "thats estupendo." she said. i smiled and nodded.

     the car ride home was awkward. steven did even talk to me. we got back to my house. me and steven went in my room. "why skyler?" he asked. i looked at him confused. "why what?" i asked sitting on my bed. "you gave that kid your number." he said. "yeah so we can practice for the competition. im not going to fucking do anything. i want to win this competition. in order to win i need to practice." i said laying on my bed on my phone. "oh. my bad baby." he said laying on top of my. i played with his hair. "ima miss you." he said. "ima miss you to baby." i said. "can we makeout?" he asked. i laughed and nodded. he came up to me and kissed me. he took his shirt off and he took mine off. "oh my gosh steven." i said as he kissed my neck. i felt him leave hickeys. "you gotta give me something before i leave my love." he said. i took my shorts off and he took his pants off and you get what happened.

      after that steven laid next to me. "your gorgeous babe." he said kissing my cheek. "not as gorgeous as this ring." i said putting my hand out. he smiled. i was still in love with the ring. "well baby ima stay the night with you." he said and wrapped his arm around me and fell asleep. i did to.