Chapter 6

She was silent as they freed her and brought her above ground. The one who had claimed her, who she learned was the alpha, stuck to her like glue. Ana stayed perfectly calm, casually glancing around. She was looking for the perfect moment to escape. It was obvious from the previous scuffle inside the house that these men were also werewolves. Her nightmare wouldn't end if she allowed herself to be captured again. Her moment came when the alpha turned around to talk to someone. Ana bolted, ignoring the shouts and angry snarls demanding she come back. She silently thanked Calvin and Tony for all those games of hide and seek. She tore through the forest, seeing the first rays of daylight through breaks in the trees. Heart pounding, Ana pushed herself to go as fast as she could. She could hear her pursuers gaining ground. Ana assumed they must have shifted, otherwise she would've had more distance between them. A road slowly came into view. With newfound hope, she put on a burst of speed and sprinted towards it. She could practically taste her freedom as her bare feet ate up the distance. Almost there... She was just about to make it when a body slammed into her side, violently knocking the wind out of her. They landed harshly on the forest floor. When Ana looked at the man on top of her and saw it was the alpha, she screamed. All the fight left her as she screamed her frustration and bitterness, tears pouring from her eyes. The alpha just picked her up, wrapping her in his coat and his arms before running to the side, parallel to the road but deeper into the forest. Eventually, Ana just fell silent, exhausted but refusing sleep. With Calvin and Tony, she knew they weren't interested in trying anything. What they did was wrong, but she was comforted in the knowledge she always knew what to expect. These men were uncharted territory. The alpha kept glancing at her but she stubbornly refused to meet his gaze. She had no idea why he'd claimed her, but she knew it probably meant either more experiments or confinement.

Her hard, empty gaze took in the pack house and all the wolves spilling from it. She was silent as people looked at her curiously. Silent as the alpha claimed her to be his mate and their luna. Silent as the people cheered and congratulated their alpha. Silent as he moved fluidly up the stairs and into what she could only assume was his room. Silent as he placed her gently on the bed. He sat next to her and reached over to cup her face. Ana turned away and scooted over, not wanting his touch. She heard a sigh but refused to look at him until he gently toughed her shoulder.

"Why won't you speak? Why were you down there? Do you – "

"Can I go home now?" His face looked stricken for a moment before he grabbed her hands, smiling apologetically.

"I'm sorry, but I can'tallow that. You belong here with me - "Ana snatched her hands away and stood,heading for the bathroom. She ignored him as he called out to her. She closedand locked the door before breaking into sobs. I just want to go home! I never asked for any of this