Chapter 14

The pain in my ribcage was only half the reason why I woke up with a jump. I'd been awkwardly lying on my left side which cause the burning sensation in my rib cage to flare up again. The other reason why was because I had no idea where I currently was. Do you ever get that feeling when waking up where grogginess just takes over? Yeah, well I had it now! But as soon as my eyes had been open for 20 seconds or so, I knew exactly where I was.

"Ugh," I murmed, stretching out my arms to help my balance as I rolled myself onto my back. I hated having naps during the day!

I took a look at the coffee table and the dinner plates that once held our lunch. Remnants of salmon and baby potatoes were still on my plate. I vaguely remember setting my dinner aside just a couple of hours earlier. I then glanced up at the TV screen, the score of our last FIFA game was up on show: Sunderland versus Liverpool, 1-0 to the Reds. I chuckled, remembering that the victory had come from an 89th minute corner, the header being scored - ironically - by the same person I'd just kissed a couple of hours ago.

I heaved myself up, the pain in my rib now becoming more bearable. I think he'd removed my shoes. Yes, there they were on the floor. I certainly don't remember doing it, that's for sure!

I took a look around the room trying to find signs of life but thus far, I saw none. Where was he? He hadn't got bored and left, had he? Did he see me falling asleep as rude? Was he mad?

Before dropping off I remember him being in high spirits. After our kiss, I'd cuddled into him and we'd talked about, well, literally everything about ourselves for nearly two hours. It felt like, even though it was such a short space of time, I knew him better than I ever had before. I knew about his family, his friends, his time at Sunderland, his hobbies, literally everything that came to mind, we talked about. And, likewise, he knew a considerable amount about me too. Then we'd eaten and I remember not being very hungry...I thought this was rude of me but he, like a gentleman, argued that it wasn't.

We'd then played FIFA12 for a while and I had kicked his ass on several occasions. Then after our last game, (the one where I'd won 1-0) I think we started to talk about Liverpool and the players at the club; football in general basically. I then remember lying at the other end of the couch whilst he massaged my feet, then I lazily made a joke about Craig Bellamy and I think then I fell asleep.

But it all felt like such a long time ago which made me really ponder at what the time was now.

Before I could start searching for my phone to find out the time, I heard a toilet being flushed and the light trickle of running water. The middle door behind the TV then opened and Jordan appeared. He smiled at me, switched the bathroom light off and then closed the door.

"Alright?" his deep Sunderland tones sounded like music to my ears as I rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah. Are you?" I replied. I tried to pat down my hair, well aware that some of it looked unpresentable because of my impromptu nap.

"I'm great. It's been fun watching you sleep," he had a playful grin on his face.

I grimaced, feeling slightly annoyed at myself.

"Ah, yeah. Sorry about that..."

"It's fine. You look cute when you nap," he came and sat at the end of the couch where my feet were and I laughed.

"Cute? Are you mistaking me for some kind of woodland creature? A squirrel maybe?"

He smiled his usual, beautiful smile and looked right into my eyes. Before I could get lost in them, I asked for the time. Moment ruined, right?

"What is the time?" I blurted out.

"Err, ten to eight. Do you need to be home by a specific time, or...?" There was that piercing stare again.

"No. But," I thought about mentioning the rift I currently had with Dylan but stopped myself. I wasn't going to let my brother's judgemental comments (which I knew he would say) when I got home stop me from staying here. "It's fine. I'll go at about half nine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah! We have time to fit another round of FIFA in before I go, right?" I cheekily grinned and he chuckled.

"Of course!" he looked down at my feet and started fiddling with my socks. "Give me five minutes to mentally prepare myself for this upcoming onslaught, though. You are really good!"

I giggled and felt myself blushing for probably the 129th time tonight. The socially awkward part of my brain was literally peeing itself with delirium right now!

We sat in silence for a while, enjoying eachother's company. It didn't seem strange or uncomfortable or unpleasent to be quiet like this for a long period of time now. This made me recall the kiss in my head. I think that had changed things between us, like, a lot. I mean, of course talking to one another about our lives had a huge impact but the kiss was an even bigger thing. It had answered a lot of questions even though I had no idea what those questions were. Something had changed, that's all.

"I didn't mean to frighten you or anything with that kiss earlier," I sat up and edged towards Jordan.

"It's fine. I think it got rid of any awkwardness that was between us. Because there sure was a lot!" he replied. I inched closer to him and cuddled into him. He automatically wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in tighter.

"So. What happens from here?"

"Whatever you want to happen," Jordan replied.

The truth was, I didn't know what I wanted. Of course I wanted Jordan. If I didn't then why would I have kissed him? But...there had been a lot of words left unsaid between the both of us. Mostly on my part, if I was being honest. I didn't want to jump into things, I knew that much.

"I need to think things over, Jordan," I leaned my forward and put my head in my hands.

"Sure. Of course. Take your time, Bea," I heard him say.

And a lot of time I would need...

----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked :)

get ready for the upcoming chapters! I'm thinking you'll really like them :D!

littllekopiteluu xx