21

Vanna

May 15th, 2015 

I finally get released from the hospital after a long recovery. I got the help I need and the voices are starting to come up less and less. 

But I'm still here.

I roll my eyes. Ayo is taking me home right now. I haven't been outside in so long. We take a left turn instead of right, going to the highway. 

"Ayo where are we going?" I say starting to get nervous. 

"Don't worry we're gonna go see my dad. I've been wanting to know what happened between my dad, mom, and the whole Teo thing. It just doesn't seem to make sense. But I wanted to go with you." He says and puts his hand on my thigh. 

_______________________________________

"Hey dad." Ayo says and they hug.

"Oh Ayo it's been a long time. And Vannnnnnna I missed you my child." He says and gives me a bear hug. Omg I think I might suffocate.

"I missed you too dad." I say and he brings us into his house. I see Julian watching a football game on tv and I slap his neck. 

"Aughhhh!" He screams and drops his Doritos. I laugh in his face. 

"Dad that was not funny-" He turns around and his mouth drops. 

"Vanna I haven't seen you in so long!" He jumps up and tackles me to the ground. Oh my lawrddd he's strong for a 16 year old. 

Just pretend he's this old ok? ok now back to the story. 

We get up and I sit next to Julian eating his Doritos. Ayo sits across from me and his dad sits across from him. 

"So what brings you to my house son?" His dad says. 

"Dad I wanna talk to you about what happened with mom and how you never even told me Teo was my brother." His dad's face drops. 

Julian walks out the room shaking his head. Maybe he already knows what happened. 

"Son that's a complicated situation to explain and I don't think-"

"No tell me now. Teo's crazy. He's been stalking my wife for over a year now, he's in the mental hospital right now." Ayo says cutting his dad off. 

"Oh Vanna I'm so sorry." His dad turns and looks at me. I give an awkward smile. 

"Your mom and I were high school sweethearts. Me got married and we were planning to have kids. But your mom went on a business trip and when she came back, something changed in her. She was just different. After we had you, we would constantly fight. And then when we had Teo, she ran with him out the hospital and never came back. You were too little to remember."  His dad starts tearing up. 

"At times she would call me and we would always end up fighting. I never even got to hold Teo. Now I just see pictures of him on the internet. She ran away with my kid. We got a divorce after we had you. She appeared on tv many times because of petty crimes she committed and Teo was always in the background. She turned crazy. The last time we called was when Teo was 13." 

"damn. I've known him all my life and you didn't wanna tell me we were brothers whenever we was dancing together?" Ayo says.

"I thought it was for the best. After his mom ran away, your grandma called saying that Teo was living with her. I could never see him. He doesn't even know who I am. What if he doesn't love me? I was scared too. Your grandma would tell me how he's doing every couple of months." His dad says and I quietly watch as everything unfolds. 

Ayo walks up to his dad and they cry together.

______________________________________________

We ride back home and there's a peaceful silence. I'm still trying to process everything that happened. 

I grab Ayo's hand as we walk inside out house. 

"Baby, don't ever runaway with my kids. Or leave me." He says and holds my waist. 

"I won't." I say and kiss his lips.

________________________________________________

Kinda short chapter.

I hope that kinda explained everything.

there's 3 more chapters left in this book

Vote!

unicorn gang!!