Arrival

"This place is wonderful. Look at those trees!" Lilac spins under the sunny haze. Sam, my boyfriend, kisses me. "Lets unpack and then explore!" Lilly says. Sam and I walk into our loft and I throw my pack on the bed. I walk to the window and look out into the never ending trail of greenery, it is almost depressing in a way. The mysterious unknown feels like it has a secret. I feel hands slide across my waist, making me jump. "Crap, Sam." He laughs. "Look only one bed." Sam says raising an suggestive eyebrow. I throw a pillow at him. "I am not that kinda girl!" "Come on guys, lets go !"

We walk down trail A, and I have an adrenaline spike remembering the vastness of the forest. "Hannah, Hannah." I feel a shake on my shoulders and look over to see Lilac. "Jeez girl, you went away! Look their is the lake!" I look to see and icy blue lake. The lake was so still you would think that it was ice. "Wow." We make our way back to the cabin. I walk to the kitchen, dinner in mind. "Anyone for spaghetti." I boil some water and grab a Coors out of the cooler. I join everyone on the porch. "How about we go swimming after dinner." I look at everyone. "Yaaaas!" They all say in unison. We all laugh. We eat and drink. While Sam does the dishes, Lilac Lilly and I get changed. I put on my baby blue bikini and head downstairs. "Hey hot mess." I push Sam away. "Creep."

We reach the lake and we all run in together. The water is so clear you can see the bottom. I hold my breath and dive under getting an assortment  of rocks. I turn them over in my hand. I  feel warm liquid fill my hand. I look at the rocks to find that they are covered in blood. I jerk back and scream.