Chapter 1

The stories of time tell mostly the tales of men, however, this is not a tale of a man of Arthurian fame. This is the long forgotten tale of Millianna, Queen of Soldiers.

The wind howls across the blood-soaked plains, abandoned blades lay forgotten on the ground, some still held in the tight fists of their owners. Magic circles lay unfinished, waiting for sorcerers who will never return to complete their spells.

A large figure stands over the scene of the massacre, piercing green eyes held in an almost permanent glare, her body is covered in armor with only an inch of skin being shown between her armored skirt and her metal leg covers, long blond hair held up in a high bun surrounded in a circlet. This is Millianna. As her blue cape flutters in the wind, covered in the drying red blood of her enemies she stands, surveying to see if anyone else will dare challenge her guild. If she spots even a hint of an adversary she strikes with the precision of a cat pouncing on its prey. She hears a loud noise and turns sword drawn, ready to strike down her foe. But this time there are no more enemies, just a young girl with long silver hair and scarlet eyes, appearing to be about 16!years in age. Upon seeing the young girl, Millianna quickly realizes that she is no threat and sheathes her sword. the girl turns and sees her, she runs up and quickly throws her arms around the armor-clad woman, giving her a hug.

"Th-Thank you, "she says as tears stream down her face," these awful men killed my family and took me as their prize," she says. Thrown aback Millianna slowly begins moving her hands down to begin comforting the poor victim.

"What is your name?" asks Millianna.

"My-My name is Lila of the house of Sar" responds the red eyed girl, "and I know who you are, you're the Queen of Soldiers, you're Millianna".

"Yes, I am Millianna, however that is not of importance now, do you have any remaining family," asks the blond, "no, they killed everyone" responds Lila. Millianna's eyes widen in surprise, rarely are entire families massacred in such a brutal way. Pity and remembrance wash over her as she realizes that this girl has no one to protect her and no place to call home. It is also at this time that she makes a decision, a decision that would change her life forever.

"Lila" she says peering down at the girl, "I have an offer for you, I will not force you to choose, as this life is no one's but yours, however I can see a fighter in your eyes and if you chose to I will take you under my wing as an apprentice".

"What will happen to me if I say no?", questions Lila.

"I will provide you with protection and see to it that you are placed with a family that I know I can trust" responds the blonde.

"Well, in that case, I choose to join your guild!" Lila says, smiling.

"Are you sure? You do realize that once you make this choice, you will become a target for any of MY enemies, you should take your time with this and not rush into it" says Millianna.

"I've weighed my options and I want to join your guild" responds Lila.

"Very well then, Lila, welcome to Xanali. Come, camp is this way" she says grabbing the girls hand.

And so began a new journey through life, as the two began walking across the empty plains they remained silent, save for a few anecdotes. And as the mist began to rise over the
battlefield the two entered the forest that protected Xanali, and continued home.

Tents stand tall, covered in bright patches of fabric. The pair walk hand in hand towards a solid white tent. In the tent stands a young man who appears to be about Millianna's age and height. His messy black hair is mostly hidden under his white cleric cap, and his blue eyes shine with an odd mixture of energy and wisdom.