Chapter 23: Reunited

*Flo's pov*

The detectives drive me to the hospital in silence.

I dont think they know what to say. Neither do i.

Im not used to seeing anyone except for Ray. He's the only person I've seen in 5 years.

I want to look out the window and see the world that I've been hidden from for so long but the sun is too bright. It hurts to look so i keep my eyes trained on my lap.

"Wheres Ray?" I ask quietly.

Monroe looks back at me from the passengers seat, "were tracking him down as we speak."

So in other words they have no idea.
Great.

I know he will be coming back for me. The weird part is that I'm not scared, its almost like i know its unavoidable so its only a matter of time, i might as well just except it.

Once we arrive at the hospital i see flashes all around me.

"Dammit how do they know already?" Robinson says angrily, "were going to have to make a run for it."

"Great." Monroe mumbles before glancing at me quickly.

Make a run for it? Oh god.

"Here, put this over your head and stay between us." Monroe says as she hands me a jacket.

My door is opened and police officers are pushing people back.

People yell at me from all directions, i cant make out what they are saying because I'm too focused on getting to the doors ahead of me and away from the flashing lights.

Once were safely inside the detectives escort me to a private room.

They give me a hospital gown to get changed into then a nurse comes over to me with papers in her hand.

"Im going to have to ask you some questions and run some tests, okay? I need you to relax and know that your in a safe place, no one is going to hurt you here." She says kindly.

I nod.

After asking me my name, date of birth, medical history and other standard things she collects some of my DNA and gets my finger print.

"I have to ask a few difficult questions now okay?"

I nod.

"Have you experienced intercourse in the past month?"

My eyes widen, why does she need to know this?

I nod anyway.

"Any past pregnancies?"

"No." Thank god Ray always wore a condom, he had said when the time was right we would try for a kid but until then being safe was a priority.

"When were you last on your period?"

"Last week."

She writes something down before smiling softly at me, "thats all for now."

My hand goes to a knot in my hair to fiddle with as i wait for the detectives to come back.

Suddenly the door is pushed open and my parents rush through, tucker follows closely behind them.

"Oh thank god! My baby!" My mom cries before launching herself at me.