two lives, one place

love discovers a way for two people to cross somehow, whether it's designed the way it is composed or just by choice.

my story simply begins when I recalled... a spring day. oh, those were the good memories i haven't forgotten. i was all alone in a garden when a mysterious man had changed my entire life.

❖~❖~❖~❖

"[name]..!"

"yes?"

"where are you going, my dear?" asks my mother, whom i love so dearly. as you can see, ever since my grandfather passed away, my family decided to cherish our family a bit longer. and since i visited my parents' house for the weekend, it was my time to part with them since i have my career as a teacher.

"i'm off, eomma." i replied. knowing my mother, she is already aware of my career and decides to let e off. she kissed my cheeks.

"be safe." she says. i bowed and told her that I will visit again. I hugged my mother and I was off to the bus stop.

before I knew it, the bus arrived and it was my time to part. I decided to not depart near my apartment, but to my happy place...

the garden.

the garden was filled with such beautiful flowers, which gives me joy whenever i discern them. a captivating garden like that, people would be overjoyed by the sight... but sadly enough...

no one ever goes there and visits.

subsequently, i arrived at the destination i was hoping for. i rapidly entered the capturing eden and humbly sat in the beautiful white gazebo. i inhaled the fresh breeze and finally felt at peace.

visiting this garden has become a habit of mine. i come here every single day in the mornings to help me by a kick start of the day. how the flowers stay vividly colorful throughout the months, how the small rivers flow as if they were driving... it's just too pleasing to be described.

「 ⬙ The Next Day ⬙ 」

"seokjin!"

"abeoji... annyeonghaseyo." i greeted my neighbor. He's an old man who owns a flower shop next door and might I say, he's a fine man. His wife who still cares for him everyday and his son, who's off too college at the moment.

"seokjin-sshi... son, are you off again?"

"i'm afraid so..." i said.

he smiles and said, "i hope you have a nice day, seokjin."

"abeoji, you as well." i replied.

and i went off as a career on being an owner of a restaurant. as a child, i've always had the ambition on being a great chef and achieving my wishes.

i'm elated that my path lead me to where i am now. and someone who's 24, it's a pretty nice age to be.

my family was always the ambitious type. my mother wanted to be a painter, a skilled one at that. now, she works as the head of the art museum. my father hoped to be a writer, or rather an author, and ended up to be one skilled one. my older brother found his dream job to work in a pastry shop. And, being a manager.

they would always bicker that i should settle down and find someone..

and in my case, no not yet. i have no time for them as i am dedicated to my career as a chef.

as i was walk down my way to the my restaurant, i caught a glimpse of flower petals swaying in the light breeze. i was tempted to follow those petals and led me...

to a garden.