32. Interrogation

It's two weeks into summer and I miss Sirius more than ever. Why? Don't ask me. I have absolutely no clue.

I dress in a summer [muggle] outfit and sit on my back porch to tan a little with a good book. My mum has run to the store for groceries and hasn't returned yet, so I have the house to myself.

After a while, I go inside to put on more sunscreen, when I hear a knock at the door. I look through the peep hole and see my mum. I open the door for her and let her inside.

"Hey, Mum! How was grocery shopping?"

"Good," she says as there is another knock on the door.

"I got it," I call from the living room. I open the door and am shocked by the person standing there. It's Sirius.

What the heck is he doing here?

I open the door and greet him with a hug. He hugs me back, but only for a second. He looks stressed.

"Sirius! How did you find my house? Oh- come in! You can meet my mum, she's just putting away groceries," I say frantically.

"Chloe, listen, we haven't got much time. We have to go," he says.

"Sirius, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Take my arm."

"Sirius, you're scaring me!"

"Just hold my hand. Please."

I take his hand and he whispers, "I'm really sorry about this, Chloe." I feel the sensation of apparition again. Where is he taking me? Why did he apologize?

Without taking a good look at my surroundings, I ask, "Where are we?"

"My house," Sirius says.

I gasp. "You told them? What happened?"

"They don't know anything about you. She demanded to meet you and talk to you herself," he says sadly.

I pause for a second, just taking in my surroundings. "This is your house? I guess I just figured it would be a bit-"

I am cut off by the image of apartments separating to show a house in between the two halves.

"That's your house."

"Yes. Now, I'm really sorry for what may or may not happen here."

Sirius leads me to the door and I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. I don't know if I've ever been more nervous in my entire life. What Sirius is forced to break up with me? I can't let that happen. I love him.

We stop in front of the door. Sirius turns to face me. I look into his grey eyes and he looks into my green ones.

"You can lie, you know. About..." His voice trails off. He knows that I know what he's talking about. I just pray that she doesn't ask me.

"Why did you tell them?" I ask, shaking my head.

"It slipped out. They had to know at some point."

I hug him and our faces become dangerously close. Without thinking, I lean up to kiss him. Nothing can take me away from him.