Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Previously- "Call her." She said simply.

"Awe Hell." I muttered hitting redial. Abby picked up first ring.

"Yes?!" She asked quickly.

"I'll do it."

Now: "Seriously?!" Abby asked, shocked.

"Don't give me time to change my mind." I said, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Thank you so much Jordan. I owe you big time."

'Hell ya you do' I thought.

"I will call you with all the detail tomorrow afternoon. See you later." Not waiting for my response, she hung up.

I fell back onto the couch with a huge sigh. What the hell did I just get myself into?! "You know," I began, "if anything goes wrong, I'm blaming you two."

"Fully acknowledged." Maddie says throwing her hands up and taking a seat next to me. "Oh come on Jordan, what could go wrong?" Holly asked. I laughed. "Let's see, the press finds out, Hunters heart breaks, or he finds out he doesn't like the 'new' Abby and dumps her.."

Holly put a hand over my mouth. "Point proven."

We sat there in silence for a while just letting everything sink in.

"Shit!" Maddie screams suddenly, causing both Holly and I to jump. "Whaaat?!" I yelled, disturbed.

"What's the one difference between you and Abby?" Maddie asked. "Uhm, she's famous?" I stated blankly.

"No, looks wise."

"She's brunette and I- no." I stopped. I realized what she's getting at. "IM NOT DYING MY HAIR!"

Maddie laughed sarcastically, "Really? I don't think you have much of a choice." I let out a frustrated screech. Anything but my hair.

"I'll just tell Hunter, as Abby, that I got my hair dyed! See that will work!"

"Uhm-" Holly interjected, "brunettes typically can't go blonde, and definitely not as blonde as your hair. It just doesn't work."

"This freaking sucks." I paced my living room floor. "I'll dye it for you." Holly volunteered. "Go ahead." I muttered. What's the point on spending $50 a plan likely to fail. Knowing Abby she will more than likely change her mind anyway.

Holly picked up her purse and started for the door. "I'll be back in about, 20 minuets." "Are you forgetting it's one in the morning?" Maddie asked, laughing. Holly waved her hand in dismissal. "I'll find a place."

"I need an aspirin." I headed into the bathroom. Maddie followed in behind. "Some night, eh?" She mumbled. I flashed her a look. We stood there side by side looking into the mirror. "Hey look," she said nudging my shoulder. "It's Hunter Hayes's girlfriend." "Oh stop." I said pushing her slightly.

She just laughed. "Do you even know who he is? Like, his job, how old he is...anything?"

I sat down on the edge of the bathtub. "Not really. I mean, he's singer,....blonde?" Maddie chortled. "It's a start. Ever heard of the song Wanted?"

"Oh my god that's him?!" I yelled. Maddie with rolling with laughter now. "Yes Jordan, that's him!" My hands were holding up my head, resting on my knees. My words came out muffled. "That song is played everywhere."

"Maybe it's because he's famous."

"Ok. Let's do some researching. Come on, tell me about him," I urged her.

Pulling her phone out of her pocket she began typing away. "Let's see, he turned 22 last September, he's from Louisiana. Hey! You're the same height!" I rolled my eyes. She continued, "you're right, he is blonde, blue eyes, he's an only child."

"Must be nice." I mumbled. "No, you need to be nice." Maddie shot back. "Yes, I must be nice to my sister who has failed to keep in touch. I texted her three times a week for a MONTH. She was just to busy living the life to acknowledge me." My breath were coming out fast and my words were slurring.

"Jordan, hey," Maddie hit my shoulder lightly, "she's contacted you now, that's a start right?" "Sure." "Perk up." She pulled me to my feet. "You can't slouch around. This is going to be one hell of a ride." "Psh, agreed."

"Where do you and Holly plan to stay, when you come to Nashville?" Maddie sighed, not realizing this issue. "Perhaps we will just stay in motel till we can find jobs and rent a place out."

"That's a lot easier said then done." "I know, but we aren't about to let you venture out by yourself. Lord know what could happen."

"This plan is a total disaster. Yeah, let's just fly out to Nashville and replace a famous singers girlfriend. Totally logical." Maddie was just smirking, glancing out of the corner of her eye. "Don't think of it as a disaster," she stated, "think of it as a journey."

I couldn't argue with that. Before I was about to speak, the front room door flew open.

"It's dyeing time!" Holly hollered.

"Sounds great!" Maddie said, flooded with sarcasm.

As always, I groaned, and she pulled me towards Holly.

"Let's get down to it!"