36.

INCOMING CALL . . .
joohyun

ACCEPT CALL | REJECT CALL

"explain."

She sighs sadly after hearing the cold tone of Jimin for the first time ever.

"It was an accident."

"Accident?" He scoffs.

"I'm telling you the truth Jimin, you have to trust me," She pauses. "So this is how it happened. I was having a hard time chopping the chicken, so I used more power into it. But without I even realised, the knife suddenly flew off my hand and at that time Jooeun was standing just right beside me. It was a total accident, I swear."

"So why didn't you tell me about that? You avoided my question! Doesn't it mean that you're lying?"

"Because I was too scared that time! I'm sorry, I was afraid to tell you."

"That didn't explain anything! What if she's badly injured? Then you won't admit that you are the one who hurt her?" He exhales madly. "If only Jooeun didn't tell me herself, I won't be asking you right now and you'll be just fine. That's what you want?"

"I'm going to apology to her, why are you accusing me?" Her voice raises. "I'll never run away if I was wrong. It was normal to be panic, doesn't it?"

"Is that all you want to tell me?"

She sighs. "Yes, and I want you to know that I truly didn't mean to run away from this."

"You should be." His tone is still cold. "Because you didn't told me all, did you?"

"What?"

"The fact that  it wasn't an accident?" He accuses. "Stop acting, I told you. Jooeun has told me all. The fact that you hate her, the fact that you eagerly want to make her stay away from me. Why Joohyun why? I thought you want to be friend with her? I thought you are excited with her coming here? Why?"

Hearing that, she's speechless. "I-"

"I should've not trusted you."

He's about to hang up, when suddenly..

"Wait I'm not! I don't hate her, never! Who told you this?" She interrupts. "I will never do that, I never want her to stay away from us!"

"Enough," he says in a soft yet cold tone. "I'll hang up, Joohyun."

"Bu-"

CALL ENDED