Chapter 4

Petunia sat at the kitchen table contemplating what to do next. Her head rattled with incoherent thoughts that she struggled to put together. Harry Potter had escaped and was undoubtedly on his way to Hogwarts by now. So, the boy would finally learn the truth. With the locket in his possession there wasn't anything stopping him. The contempt for the people who had done this to her boiled within Petunia, threatening to burst. Must stay calm... calm. Chills wracked her body and she could feel it beginning. Breathing in deeply, a shudder crept up her spine chord. Slowly, the wave subsided. She would be only be able to hold her nature at bay a little while longer. Bit by bit, her taking on obscurial form was becoming inevitable. She still remembered the day that it first happened. How the rage she'd felt had taken over her body and then suddenly that was all she was. Pure, concentrated anger. She had begun whirring through the air in tiny particles, a violent storm of fury coursing through her new form. She'd lost control and found herself rushing into an oblivion of darkness. Over the years she had learned to somewhat cope with it. I mean, hadn't she? She lead a normal life. She had built herself a normal life, a barricade between herself and what was coming. At the thought of what was coming her fingers dissolved into the little particles. Squeezing her eyes shut tightly, her hand reconnected itself. How had McGonagall gotten the locket anyway? It's a dangerous thing that should've been destroyed long ago. Lily was foolish enough to create it in the first place. Petunia's thoughts spun inside her head. Disconnected ideas colliding and bouncing off one another all at once. Unfortunately, memories can't really be destroyed. Upon attempt at eradicating them, they find a way to live on.   

Bellatrix let out an exasperated sigh. It pained her to have give this task to someone she considered so insignificant.The trolley witch might perhaps prove herself useful though. She was after all, a long respected spy for the dark lord. And Bellatrix supposed she did send back valuable information on the boy from time to time. That didn't mean she wasn't wary of the trolley witch. Her loyalties would soon be tested and then it would be for Voldemort to judge. The arrogance of the many death eaters who fell into the shadows upon Voldemort's "death" enraged her. She on the other hand, had remained loyal throughout times when others fell prey to their doubt. She had suffered in Azkaban for Lord Voldemort because, against formidable odds, she knew he had survived. She would not remain submissive to their obvious failures as servants. She grinned as she envisioned painful deaths for those who she believed had failed. A sudden whooshing noise accompanied by a blurry figure coming into focus brought her attention back to reality.

"It has been done." The little trolley witch gave her a crooked toothed grin. Against her better judgement, Bellatrix couldn't help but admire her style. Posing as a sweet, innocent, old witch was hard to pull off. She pulled it off effortlessly.

 "Well, seeing as you can't return to the train you will stay with us from now on." Bellatrix replied, not bothering to acknowledge the witch's success. The death eaters currently resided in a run down mansion hidden in several acres of wood. A disillusionment spell had been cast on the building to make it look run down and uninhabitable. Their system run smoothly for the most part and small tasks were handed out by Bellatrix daily. It was like a teacher handing out assignments. Except, of course, for the fact that the equivalent of getting a bad grade would be actual death. Despite being the highest rank in the mansion, Bellatrix hated being forced to hide away from the action. She resented the idea of being thought of as a coward and incapable of carrying out his commands on her own. But her time was coming. Once Harry Potter learned of the secrets within the locket, he would come to understand his part. Minerva had no idea that the possession of the locket had passed through Voldemort's hands. The unimaginable power the obscurial held would help them greatly. However, certain things needed to be in order first. Harry Potter played a role no one but she and her master could possibly understand. He would be forced to coincide with Voldemort in the end. Then the Dark Lord's army would become unstoppable. Oh, it seemed way too easy. She cackled gleefully with frivolous joy just at the thought of it.