Chapter 1: Reunion with an old friend

BELLE'S POV
The celebration ball was over. Thank goodness. My feet felt dreadful after dancing so much. But still it was incredible being with my soon to be husband, my Beast. Oh goodness!!!! I don't know his name.

The prince saw my tired face and looked at me with such tenderness and love. His blue eyes were a river, calm and soothing to my face.

"Belle darling, what's wrong? What is it? You know you can tell me anything now that the guests are gone"

I hesitated. What would he think? This statement I was about to ask, it was even sillier than the one about my prince growing a beard. I felt my face growing into two blushing pilgrims. Is this how Juliet felt when she met Romeo?

"Umm.... I realize you know my name. But I...I don't know yours."
"My beauty, my dear Belle, you never asked. All you had to do was ask Belle, and I would tell you my name."
"Oh. Well then, what is your name then? I'm Belle. My name means Beauty in French. My mother was romantic with names."
My prince laughed and held me close. He whispered into my ear, as though what he would tell me was so precious that if others heard, they would steal his treasures. Only this treasure wasn't rubies, diamonds, or a garden full of summer roses. It was a name, the name of my love.

"My name is Adam. Prince Adam. My mother was poetic and thought Adam was the perfect name for her firstborn. But my name never meant anything to me until now. Because now Belle, I have someone to share my name with. And she's the most beautiful woman in all of France."

I giggled as Adam spun me around in his arms. This was definitely better than anything Romeo and Juliet could have done. Suddenly a wind burst the windows opened. Adam immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"Who are you?!?! Don't you dare hurt my Belle. I love her and I will die for her if I must. Enchantress, don't u take away my love from me. Please I beg you. Please!!!!!" Adam begged, his tears dropping onto my shoulders like sapphires of sadness.

Suddenly, when the wind cleared away, there was the last person the both of us least expected.

"AGATHE!!"