Chapter 19

Angel laid curled up in ball in the corner that she was shoved and chain to. She didn't like being chained up like some kind of vicious beast. She wasn't vicious, was she? No, Angel wasn't the vicious type. She was sweet, happy, and definitely not vicious, but why was she chain up? That she didn't know. When her master, Karma, had left, for reason still unknown to Angel, that's when it all went wrong. The bad man with the hood came and took over. Angel tried her best to defend her home, but the dark evil figures that followed man overtook her. Was that why she was chained up? Because the hooded man that smelled like fish thought she was vicious? Angel didn't like that idea.

But then her master had returned! Angel was so happy to see her, but even her master and her very likeable friends were powerless against the fishy-hooded man. Angel did not like that man. He was mean to her master. And that was unacceptable, by any means. Angel couldn't wait to break free from these chains so that she could protect her master and her master's likeable friends. She hoped she would have the chance to teach the fishy-hooded man a lesson. Angel sighed and curled up tighter, swishing her chained tailed beside her, the puffy end landing on her snout. Just when she was about to drift into a light slumber, the doors to the throne room burst opened startling Angel. She growled when the fishy-hooded man came storming into the room. He didn't pay her heed, and she sensed that something was amiss with the man.

"What do you mean they escaped!" The hooded man said to one of the guards who followed him in.

"They had help, sir." The young guard said. "It would appear the late king Termis helped them in their final escape. They went through a secret passageway that led into Shurli Woods. We went after them along with your...err... creations. It would appear that a dragon had protected them from the attack that your creations had inflected on them." Lester glared at the man. A dragon here? Lester would have hoped that they were pillaging the villages still. So, he thought. It would appear that Karma has gotten to the beast then, mm? Looking at the guard, he said,

"How did they manage to get out of the dungeon, anyhow? Clearly Termis could not have had access to the keys." The guard felt awkward explaining the next part.

"Well, um, when we went down there, the guard on duty was unconscious. When he came, he said a small rodent with large teeth and sharp claws came at him. It attacked, he fell, hit his head and that was all that he remembered." Lester let that sink in. That darn ferret gave them their freedom?! A sudden rage came over him. He drew out his dagger and threw it straight ahead of him. It soar through the air and plunged itself into the head of the throne chair. The guard gulped and took the chance of speaking again, "there is one more thing, sir." Lester turned to the man and the guard quickly took a step back afraid that he would be the next target.

"What is it? Speak!" Lester said getting irritated.

"Well, one of our other guards witnessed one of the Creator's companions getting bit by your, um, creations." Lester's eyes lit up and he calmed down slightly.

"Which one? Did the other guard say who?"

"Y-yes, it was the dwarf, he told me." Lester hummed in thought and a wicked smile spread on his lips. He walked over to the throne and pulled out his dagger. Turning it over in his hands, he said,

"well then, at least one good thing came out of this." The guard cocked his head.

"What do you mean, sir?" Lester mesmerized himself by his spinning dagger in his hands.

"My creations have a small, itsy wisty capability," the hooded man said. "Their bite have a very venomous consequence." His smiled broaden. "Without a proper antidote, that dwarf will be dead by sunrise."