Chapter: 8 Recovery and Trusting in a Friend

Chapter: 8

Ezio's POV: 

I carry Serena to the bed that Leonardo has here in his study room. He follow me as I lay Serena down on the bed. I cover her up as she look pale and Leonardo asked "Where did you find her?" 

"The masquerade dance..." I answered Leonardo.

"Ah...She also knew one of my closes buddies that I had here in Venice. I was surprised when you brought her here, Ezio" Leonardo said.

"How did you meet her?" I asked curiously.

"Why...I was leaving my friend Andrea's house after we shared some codex pages with each other. I was leaving when I nearly ran into this woman right here on my way out. She is very polite, but very shy. I can say she is friendly as well...but I only saw that she was guarded as well. She doesn't trust people very easily, Ezio" Leonardo answered while explaining a little.

"Ah...I see now..." I muttered. 

"Yes...but now Andrea is dead. I could only imagine what the poor woman is going through..." Leonardo said softly. 

"I know..." I murmured.

"You do?" He asked me while we left the bedroom. 

"Yes...I was there. She tried to go after the hooded-man that was standing on the stage until I grab her wrist to make her run with me. She was inexperience to fight all of those guards by herself...even with me. We were still badly out-numbered" I answered while explaining. 

"She can't stay in Venice long then...not with that hooded-man walking around" Leonardo spoke. 

"Not if I can help it..." I said with hard determined look on my face. 

"And what are you going to do, Ezio?" Leonardo asked me. 

"Well...first I need to know who that hooded-man is to her before I could find some information on him. I'm sure he isn't working alone..." I answered. 

"True...I guess we will have to wait until Serena wakes up then" Leonardo said. 

I nodded my head as I murmured "I agreed with you, Leonardo" 

**************************************************

Serena's POV: 

When I first awoken everything was a little hazy as my eyelids drooped shut once more. I fell into the darkness again as I fell into a dreamless state. I felt myself resurfacing once more as I open my eyes to not find the room all hazy like before. I look around the unfamiliar bedroom not seeing anything that look familiar at all. I was confused at where I was as I blink a couple of times to get my surroundings. It look like Andrea's bedroom... 

Someone clear their throat next to the bed that I was laying on and I look over to the side to see Ezio standing there in my line of vision. I instantly jump away from him as I grimace at my shoulder that was stitch up. Thanks to Leonardo... "Careful...we don't want those wounds to open up again, Serena"

I let out a slow breath as I realized it was just Ezio as Leonardo finally came in with a warm smile on his face "Ah... I'm glad to see you are well once again" 

I murmured lowly as I felt my cheeks burn "Thank you, Leonardo" 

He chuckled "You are most certainly welcome" 

Ezio even had a grin on his face as Leonardo stood beside Ezio as they were both waiting for me to say something. I look back and forth between the two as Ezio asked quietly "Who is the hooded-man that your so terrified of?"

I look away from them as I answer quietly "He attack my family back in Florence..." 

"Why? Why would he do that?" Ezio asked as I peek back over at him to see there was a hard look in his eye. 

"I don't really know...I had to leave as my mother was fighting with them. They wanted to keep me safe from him for some unknown purpose..."I spoke as I remember the sound of swords colliding with one another as my mother defend me and my brother as I added "I came here in order to escape from them and Andrea and Marisilia help me out a lot as I first started out here...now I have to leave Venice"

"No, you don't. Not when I can help it..." Ezio said with a voice that was full of determination.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked wide-eye. 

"What he mean is...that he can help you stay in Venice while he go take down the posters that have been posted up all around Venice. I suggest you stay here until he does it and while he does it, he can go get some more codex pages..." Leonardo said with a smirk at Ezio.

"Yeah...if I can find anymore" Ezio said.

Codex pages? It sound familiar like I heard of those somewhere before, but where? It click in my mind as I remember my pouch as I dig through my stash that was still around my waist and pull out the folded thick paper as I asked "Are these Codex pages?"

They look at me a little wide-eye as Ezio took the pages from me and look at them to see if they were Codex pages or not. He hand the papers over to Leonardo so he can have a look at them as Leonardo's face went into awe "So...you had these all of long"

"How did you get them?" Ezio asked. 

"I was looking for Andrea and remember those are his prized notes...it took me forever to just collect the pile right there..." I answered him.

"Andrea...always secretive in his work. We share secrets, but I guess he kept some to himself." Leonardo let out a sigh as he added "I'll get to work on these...Ezio go and do your job. Serena get some more rest"

I lay back down as Ezio and Leonardo went out of the room and Ezio glance back at me with a warm smile on his face as I lay there feeling exhausted. Now, I have to worry for the betrayal that is surely to come after I told them everything. It would of have been foolish of not telling them everything...not after what had just happen. So, now I lay here hoping for the right outcome. Hopefully, I didn't make a mistake in trusting these two.  

They are both very kind and they already help me out so much...How will I ever return the favor?

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D