Chapter 32- Wedding Planning {Pt 3}

~1 month later~

Everything was set. Venue. Date. Invitations. We ended up having to hire an event organiser because we were too stressed out and all. And obviously, with me being pregnant, I couldn’t get stressed. Besides a month of hectic planning, it’s also been a month since I found out I was pregnant which means that I have to go for a doctor’s check-up. Luke is taking some time out of his day, with the boys, to come and accompany me to the doctors.

It was supposed to be his day with the boys, just the four of them but then he wanted to go with me. I tried telling him that I could reschedule it for tomorrow so then his day with his best friends isn’t interrupted but he refused my offer and just decided to come half way through his day.

I checked the clock, it’s only 1:45 pm, and the appointment is at 2:30. He’ll be home soon. “Babe I’m back!” His voice boomed throughout the apartment.  I get up from the couch and greet him by the door, giving him a kiss on the cheek and lips. “Ready?” I nod and grab my jacket and my apartment keys. Since Vicky is living alone now she’s given her keys to Luke who now can come here whenever he likes. Considering the fact that the boys are on a break.

The whole band is. Luke wanting to take a break so he can spend time with me. Michael, Ashton and Calum want to spend time with their girlfriends too. All of which are my teammates. It’s like a little family and I just can’t wait for the future. All of us gathering together without kids. It all seems so perfect.

Michael is staying with his girlfriend Hana, Luke is staying with me, Ashton is staying with Aliza and Calum is obviously staying with Vicky. But since we are all in Tampa, we do hang out every now and then. Especially with our wedding coming up, we’re all trying to stick together as much as we can.

Some nights all of us would go on a date, together. The fans seem to love it, seeing all of us together. With the fear of me driving, Luke and I decide to take a cab instead. I instruct him to go to the hospital and I feel Luke nervously hold onto my hand. “Are you nervous Luke?”

“A little. I know it’s only a month and we probably won’t see the head because it isn’t developed yet but it’s just a feeling. I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“You better. Because I’m the pregnant one here. It’s funny how you’re the nervous one. But hey, you can always hold my hand.” Luke kisses the back of my palm and we race inside when we arrived, we did pay the cab (don’t worry!). Both of us nervously sat in the waiting room as we waited for my name to be called.

“Do the fans know about me being pregnant?” I ask Luke.

“Yeah. I mean, that one time we went to mother care and you posted the picture on Instagram. They kind of spotted the bag and we’re all ‘omg baby Hemmings’. So yeah, they know that there will be a little Hemmings running around the house.”

“Nicole Stamkos?” A nurse called out. We stood up and followed her into a small room where there was a single machine and a tray. “Hi, I’m doctor Edwards. Please lie down comfortably on the bed. Oh, you must be Luke Hemmings.” She smiled at Luke and they shook hands. I lied down on the bed and just watched the two. “My daughter is a huge fan of your band.  And you Nicole. Do you think after this we can take a photo and maybe you can sign her birthday card? Her birthday is tomorrow.”

“Sure! We’ll be more than happy to do that!” He says.

“Great. Now let’s start. The gel will feel cold on your stomach but don’t worry.” Luke sits down on the seat next to the bed and he immediately takes hold of my hand. Dr. Edwards lifts my shirt up a little and pulls my skirt down a little. She turns the machine on and then takes out the little scanner; she grabs a little bottle filled with blue gel. When she presses some onto my stomach. I shivered a little at the sudden coldness of the gel. She presses the scanner onto my stomach and moves it around to spread the gel evenly.