2

Praxina
I just want to say right now that I'm disappointed with today. I was really hoping that Mephisto would be feeling well enough to practice our powers, but he's not. Father will not let us practice by ourselves, which is not fair.
"Just relax! We don't have plans anyway," father says to Mephisto.
I look up at him, he glances at me.
I look back down at book.
"Okay," Mephisto replies.
Out of the corner of my eye I see him sit in the living room chair. After that I ignore him and go back to my book.

************************************

Going to the Ephiedian market place is often fun, I usually go with my mother, father, and twin brother. But today is different, I'm only here with my parents.
"It's too bad we had to leave Mephisto at home," I said sadly to my parents.
"I know honey, but don't worry. There's always next time!" Father says to me.
"Yeah, but I'm worried about him," I admit.
"I think we all are, but we shouldn't worry too much, he'll be fine!" Mother says.
"I know. Wait, father, you told him we had no plans," I said.
"Yes, but then I realized that we usually come here on days like these, it's not a big deal," he replied.
I shrugged and we continued to look around the market.
As we did we found the usual stuff that was always there, things like supplies and goods.
But as I looked at a certain place, I found two things that interested me.
One was a black with red detailed winged butterfly hair clip. The other was a black with green detailed hair clip. I found both of them cool, especially the butterfly hair clip.
"Hello there! Can I help you?" a woman with blonde hair and light green eyes asked me. She looked like she was in her twenties. Maybe even younger.
"Uh, yes! Can you tell me about these hair clips?" I ask her.
"Sure! Those clips were made by my sister, whose not here today. She makes many clips with time, effort, and love!" the woman says cheerfully.
"Cool," I say as I pick them up. I have no idea why, but I suddenly have a strong urge to have them.
"The butterfly clip is for your hair, while the other one goes above your left ear," she explains to me.
I nod and notice my parents watching me. I turn to them and show them the clips.
"Can I get these??" I ask with excitement.
My mother smiles. "Of course. As long as you get something for Mephisto."
I thought about it for a moment.
"I'll give him this one," I say, holding up the black and green one.
My parents nod and buy the clips for us.
My father hands me both of them as my mother thanks the woman.
I can not wait to give Mephisto his clip. I just hope he likes it.

Mephisto
"Nearly ten years ago the disastrous events that affected our whole planet began, it had been nearly ten years since Gramorr had taken over the Ephidian castle and took it as his own.
Gramorr had unleashed fire and fury upon the planet, taking the kings, queens, and children of Volta, Xeris, Calix, Borelis, and Ephidia."
I'm reading about the rein of Gramorr as I lay on the couch on my back, holding the papers above my head. When I'm sick, I have literally nothing to do, and I get pretty damn bored really fast. I figured I might as well learn something new while I'm stuck here.
"It has been mentioned that princesses Iris of Ephidea, Talia of Xeris, and Arianna of Volta had not been seen since these horrific events.
Gramorr has the entire planet under his control, though it's been years since he's made another move. We can only guess what he'll do next."
I sigh and set the papers beside the couch. Reading about this is boring.
It's a shame since I've nothing else to do. My sister and my parents went to the market around an hour ago, I had only grabbed the papers because I was so bored.
I stared at the ceiling for a while. I thought about my powers and what I have yet to learn. I've learned so many spells from my father, what else could there possibly be?
As I think about it all, I realize there's always more to learn.
And I can't wait to learn it.

Praxina
When father, mother, and I arrived home, I walked right away to see Mephisto. I had been thinking about giving the clip to him the whole time I've had it, now I finally can.
I round a corner and walk into the living room.
"Mephisto! We got you some-" I stop dead in my tracks.
Mephisto had fallen asleep on the couch, he was laying on his back with his arms rested across his chest. He looks very peaceful with his soft breathing.
I turn back around to find mother. She'll want to know he's asleep.
I walk into the kitchen and find her.
"Mother, Mephisto is asleep," I say to her quietly.
She looks at me. "Is he really? That's good! I should check his temperature then."
She goes to the closet and pulls out a thermometer.
"Won't it be hard to take his temperature if he's sleeping?" I ask out of curiosity. Right now mothers cleaning the tip.
"No, it's actually easier. He squirms too much when I try when he's awake. Plus, the results are still acurate," she replied before heading to the living room.
I follow mother into the living room to see if she's right. I mean, I'm not questioning her, I believe her, I just want to see.
Mother kneels down beside the couch by Mephisto, cupping his face with one hand. She gently pushes the tip of the thermometer into his mouth and somehow manages to put it in the right position.
After a few seconds, the thermometer beeps and mother pulls it out. She studies the little screen.
"I think he's doing much better," she says, showing me the thermometer.
"37 degrees. That's better than yesterday!" I thought triumphantly.
I smile at mother. "Me too."
She stands up silently, looking at my brother while he rests.
"Come on, he'll be fine. He should get some rest anyway," I say to her.
"Yeah, I know," mother says without looking away from him.
Sometimes she just needs a little push, so I gently grab her arm and pull her away.
She looks at me. "Okay, I'm coming."
I smile again, she smiles back. We both walk back to the kitchen.
Even though I didn't get to give him his gift yet, I'm glad he's getting some rest.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him.