Triggered

Fubu days

I hate him!
I hate him for making me feel that I'm special, that I'm not just one of his flings, that he likes me more that just a friend (or a fuck buddy).
I felt betrayed by James fucking Reid.

It's been three days since I distanced myself from him because of the Julia issue. He's not just ruining our loveteam but he's also breaking my heart.
If he likes her, he should've told me. Hindi yong pinapaasa ka na may gusto sayo eh may gusto naman palang iba. Nakakagago lang.

I should be the one ignoring him but it turned out that he's being cold towards me.

Hindi naman ako nagpapapansin, he didn't even make a move to talk to me but I preferred that we'll be back to being friends again. I'm willing to set aside my feelings and my pride just to be back in our usual self and to not complicate our working relationship.

Siya pa talaga ang hindi namamansin eh siya itong pa fall. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock and I pushed the button that electronically unlocks the door.

"Nadz!" Yassi came strutting in and I stand up to hug her.

"I don't understand why you need to knock. Didn't I give you the password of my room?"

"Syempre, courtesy parin, malay mo naman busy ka pala."

"Busy? No. That stupid guy no longer come here." I murmured and she arched her brow.

"What?"

"Nothing, I just want to eat hotdog. " I said and for some reason, Yassi bursted into laughter. "A real hotdog."

"Ahh."

"Yass, kindly tell your boyfriend na tantanan ka na, nagiging berde na yang utak mo." I kidded and we both laughed.

"Why are you even here?"

"Let's have lunch together."

"Okay." I readily agreed. I want to see Yassi and Bret because they made me believe in happy endings.

"I have been feeling down lately, I need sugarcoating." I joked as I picked up my bag. When we got to the elevator her boyfriend hurriedly hug her. Ang OA ni Jackson.

We got inside the elevator on the 6th floor. We went directly to the newly opened restaurant. Bret opened the door for us and we stepped inside.

"They're already here." Bret uttered smiling and I was surprised to find Sam, James and Joseph waiting for us.

I felt nervous upon seing him for almost a week of not talking to each other even at work.

"Hello! Bret, Yassi and Nadine." Joseph greeted.

Sam seated in the head of the table while we are facing Joseph and James.

"Let's order, I'm so hungry." I said and pretended to browse the menu. I've never been in an awkward stage but James' lingering gazes made me feel awkward. And horny.

"I ordered the group feast, Nadz. All the food in their menu is in there." Sam said and I lowered the menu.

Oh my gosh, Yassi might notice that I'm not looking at James. Matindi pa naman ang observation skills nito. I thought as I took a sip of a glass of water infront of me.

"James, when are you going to introduce Julia to us as your girlfriend?" Bret asked and I didn't even notice that I drank all the water in the glass.

"Nadz, are you alright?" Yassi asked and I nodded my head at her.

"I'm just so thirsty." I replied and saw the corner of James' mouth lift. Is he making fun of me? "Nandyan kasi si Joseph, he's so hot." I told everyone, my voice teasing and Joseph laughed.