The Beta's Soldier- Chapter 1- Captives

-Sahara desert, underground base a.k.a. Hellhole

The door of the conference room opened and a chubby man in an overly expensive suit and custom made Italian shoes entered. The door was closed quietly behind him by his assistant, a petite blond woman in an equally expensive suit and black Gucci shoes.

The man nodded his hello to the nine men in the room, going to his seat immediately. The big leather chair at the head of the oval table squealed under the man’s weight even though it was brand new, hell it even had the smell of new leather and polish.

The assistant sat down at the chair to the left of the man, her chair not even making a sound. She put down a file on the polished, dark wood table and adjusted her already perfect, eye-pulling bun on the top of her head.

The man, or Mr. Green, was the man in charge of Hellhole. Hidden in the Sahara desert- the better term would be under it- Hellhole was the hottest of the three facilities and there from it got its name. That and the hellish conditions the Ultimates lived in.

“What’s going on now?” Brock decided to ask as the silence in the room stretched for several minutes.

Mr. Green looked at him, the man’s brown eyes looking into Brock’s mismatched ones as he cleared his throat and then began speaking, “As you already may know, Commander Michaels, we have recently captured an intruder on the eastern quadrant. He was with two other men and we believe they were there to collect information about our operations and the facility. We couldn’t get anything out of them about who sent them and what their plans were, so that’s why we called you.” Brock held himself back from snorting.

They will never learn. There was no use in trying to beat the information out of a loyal servant that was more afraid of the master he was serving then the hands that were beating him. And they will never learn to call them before they do the damage and not after. Brock was getting tired of cleaning up their shit.

“And what do you want us to do about that? You want me to let Pierce have a go with them? If that’s it, let me tell you that there won’t be much of the intruders left when he’s done.” Brock nodded his head towards one of the two mountain brothers that was sitting in his chair, smirking like the cat that ate the canary. Zeke, his twin, was sitting next to him, not even paying attention to the conversation, seemingly uninterested.

The twins were the biggest on their team. At the time they first came to the laboratory- that was when their team was just being formed- the two received the standard treatment for the Ultimates and their strength, speed and sense were enhanced. Soon, the laboratory and everyone on the team figured out that the twins did best with the ‘basics’. They didn’t want the claws or the mental abilities. They wanted raw strength and lightning speed. And they sure knew how to use them.

Former members of the 1st SFOD-D- or commonly known as Delta Force- they already had extensive knowledge of martial arts and close combat skills they needed to use their new ‘abilities’. Though it took them some time to learn how to control their strength and not crush everything they touched. They were, of course, given more strength, speed and agility than the ‘basic’.

“No, no.” Mr. Greed hurried, “Your assignment is finding the one who sent the intruders and eliminating them.”

“Isn’t that the same?” Atticus, a former NAVY “SEAL” asked, a frown on his face. The man was a pain in the ass to say the least. Out of all the men in the team, he was the most problematic. He was also highly mentally unstable. It was something that was very obvious to anyone that saw him.

“No, it is not.” Brock could see Mr. Green was getting impatient and angry. Their superiors didn’t like to be asked questions so much. But fuck them. It wasn’t like any of the guys cared. They were all already leading fucked up lived in fucked up conditions so it wasn’t like it could get any worse.