III.

"Thank you, really," I added almost anxiously as my mind kept racing ahead of me as to what I should be doing instead of being here at the hospital.

Dr. Reed smiled warmly and raised his brows, "I honestly didn't expect your annunciating capabilities to come back in full just yet. You're one of the first that I've seen to have such a speedy recovery given what you were just put through! I'm glad to have witnessed your miraculous recovery, you stay safe out there Dr. Quinzel, and remember to call in if any of the side affects start to show in the slightest," he nodded at me.

"Well yeah, I figured it was only a psychological thing," I chuckled and tilted my head side to side jokingly. Hopefully Dr. Reed didn't detect the rushed sarcasm in my voice, I just wanted nothing more than to be back in my apartment to gather myself alone.

...

I fumbled with my keys as I felt all the hospital paper work beginning to slip out from beneath my underarm. As soon as the lock clicked from the doorknob, I flung the door open and managed to catch all my things from slipping out onto the floor in time. I readjusted my glasses with my now free hand and quickly shut the door behind me.

Finally.

I kicked off my leather flats and tossed my keys along with the paper work onto the glass coffee table. I wanted nothing more than to be here from the moment I opened my eyes in the hospital. There was a strange pit of what felt like procrastination in my stomach, and I knew it was because I had absolutely no idea where Mr. J was at and what he was doing. I began undressing myself as I walked from my living room and into my bedroom, shedding clothes in different areas as I tried to make sense of my now scattered thoughts. Without thinking, I found myself in the bathroom walking automatically towards the shower. I turned the nobs and watched as the water began spewing out into the tub.

"I'm so sorry..." I whispered almost silently under my breath.

With my eyes fixed on the running water, I racked my brain for any specific way that I may have angered Mr. J and what could be done about it at this point. My heart filled with guilt and all I could think about now was how much work I put into building a relationship with him until that all disappeared within a single abrupt evening. I had been seeing him every single day up until this point and I almost felt like there was an ache inside me that wouldn't go away unless I saw him again. Maybe all I needed was to see him once just to make sure he was okay out there.

I wish you knew how I truly felt, especially now.

I stepped into the tub and cradled my knees to my chest as I let the warm water surround me slowly. I felt my face turn hot and suddenly tears began to swell in my eyes. I closed my eyes tightly, forcing the tears to run down my face. All I could see was the way he smiled at me when I'd please him with my words in some way. I remember how rewarding that felt, to make him smile because I made him do it, not because he made himself. I felt like I was the only person in the world who could truly make him do that.

God, I miss that smile so much. Why?

Maybe it truly was just the rewarding factor of it all. I felt like a little girl receiving a treat in return for my hard work. I don't know why I felt this way so much, but I couldn't ignore it.

Is there anything he said previously that may give me a clue as to where he's at now? I mean, just how hard can it be to find the infamous Clown Pri-

WWWUEEEEOOOOUUUUU~

The sound of the GCPD sirens caught me off guard because my stomach suddenly dropped.