Ocean Breeze

Nicholas Roberts - "The rest of our Lives"

When Reggie woke up she was in Zay's room. He was on the bed next to her, she felt safe in his arm. Looking around Zay's room, Reggie realised it was exactly as she remembered it. She looked at him and smiled, she could tell that much hadn't changed since she left. Reggie was happy to know that Zay was still there for her. Thier friendship wasn't ruined Afterall.

She got up with little effort. Knowing Zay wasn't going to wake up anyway, he was a heavy sleeper. In the corner of his room she saw his surfboard Rocket. It was broken in two when Zay tried to ride that huge wave yesterday. He loved that board to death, It was the only thing he had that belonged to his mother. Then she thought about her Gram's, and about the fact that she would never see her again. Reggie immediately felt sad.

" Hey, you alright? "

Zay asked her with a  concerned look on his face.
Usually Zay  wouldn't wake up this early, but since Reggie always got up early. He wanted to do the same, He didn't want her to be alone.

" Yeah, I'm fine."

Zay could tell that Reggie was lying. But he figured she just need some time.

" Alright if you ever want to talk. I'm here for you."

Zay said as he reached out and held her hand.

" I  know. Thanks for being there for me, even after everything that happened."

Reggie told him while reaching over to huged him. He hugged her back, her hair smelled like roses. This time  he was the one  falling for his best friend.

" I should be the one saying thanks, you saved my life yesterday."

Zay said as he admired how brave she was.

" What are Friends for."

Reggie playfully pushed him, then they both started to laugh. Zay was happy to see her laughing again. Even if it was just for a short moment.

" About that....."

Feeling unsure about how he should go about telling her he had feelings for her. After everything that  happened between them last year. And now her Grandmother's death. But before he could say anything else. Reggie remembered that she didn't call home last night. The last thing she wanted, was for her family to worry about her. So she got up and started to gather her stuff.

*

Reggie was wearing Zay's Green  hoodie when the came down stairs. They were both surprised when they saw everyone sitting at the table.

Tito and Ray were making breakfast and setting the table. While T. and Sam were already eating.

" Ahh, there they are."

T. shouted while pointing in thier direction.

"What's going on? Why are you guys here? "

Zay asked confused.

"Oh, I'm just here for the food."

T. answered then he shuved a big pice of pancake in his mouth.

" I'm here because dad told me to check on Reggie."

Sam said with a smirk on his face.

"Sam how did you  know that I was going to be here ?"

Reggie already knew the answer to the question she was asking.

" Reggie your my sister, we grew up together. I know you like a book. Pluss your kinda predictable."

Reggie shook her head and rolled her eyes annoyed. She expected an answer like that from her little brother. She went over to him and huged him. They had both lost someone special yesterday. She knew he wasn't the type to show it, but he felt just as sad as she did.