Chapter 9

He didn't hesitate to put me under his arm and lead me back to the car. I was about to ask 'What about Ryan?' But then I remembered I didn't give a shit.

“Ryan can find his own way home,” Jerome hissed. I nodded gratefully. As I sat down in the passenger seat, I started to shake. The shock had started to settle in and I was scared. Maybe I didn't have to be, but I was overwhelmed. Jerome shut the door on his side, I did the same. As he started the car, he glanced over at me.

“Jesus. What happened?” He asked. “I didn't realize what was happening until you started crying.”

I took in a breath.

“Ryan pulled me into the seat with him, and we were just going on the ride. At the highest point, I could see the city. It was beautiful with the sunset... When I turned around, Ryan was there. I didn't see it coming.”

I glanced at Jerome. He was staring at me, his eyes alternating from me and the street. He nodded for me to go on.

“He kissed me. I was so shocked I didn't realize what was going on for a second, and when I did, I pushed him away, obviously. I yelled at him a little, but he just kissed me again.” I paused, trying not to see what had happened as I was retelling it. “He pushed his tongue into my mouth... It was disgusting. There was this taste... It was the most disgusting thing...” I choked. Jerome put his hand on my shoulder tentatively.

“It's alright. I got it.”

I nodded. I couldn't have gone on, anyway.

“I'll... talk to Ryan when he gets home. It probably won't take too long to realize we took the car,” he promised. I rested my face in my hands. I could still feel his hands on my side and leg. Just thinking about it made my stomach churn. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't force it out of my mind. The shock had fully taken effect now. I was shaking uncontrollably and tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I stared out the window until we pulled up into the driveway. As soon as the car stopped, I opened the car door and ran for the house, Jerome following me. I pushed the door open and ran up to my room, throwing myself on my bed. Less than a minute later, everyone else was in the room with me. I buried my face in my pillow, trying to hide my tears.

“M-Cat! What happened, shit!” Adam exclaimed. I let out a muffled sob into the pillow.

“Ryan,” Jerome muttered under his breath angrily. Without saying a word, Adam left the room. As the door shut behind him, I heard him say

“I'm getting that son of a bitch.”

I felt a hand on my back, knowing it was Ty.

“What happened?” He asked softly.

“He kissed her,” Jerome explained somberly. I could feel the anger in his voice.

“There was more to it than that,” Ty prompted.

“Yeah. She rejected his first kiss, but he just kissed her again, shoving his fucking tongue into her mouth,” Jerome seethed. “I'm going with Adam to find Ryan.”

I felt Jason sit down on the bed next to me.

“Are you alright?” He asked. I nodded, still not facing them.

“That's a lie,” he chuckled sadly. “Do you just want us to leave you alone right now?”

I was about to reply when I heard the door open. I shot up off my bed, my body moving without my permission. I barely heard Ty and Jason calling after me.

I stormed down the stairs, my hands curling into fists. All the fear and shock I'd felt had melted into rage.

Jerome and Adam had beaten me to it. Jerome was holding the neck of Ryan's shirt and holding him next to him, a fist poised to hit him.

“Dude, let me go. You didn't have the whole story!” Ryan pleaded. Adam took the shirt from Jerome and was about to hit him.

“Wait!” I called. Adam looked up at me, surprised.

“Cat?”

I jogged the last few steps to them, shaking my head.

“I know. But we'll deal with it later.”

Ryan's face was a picture of relief as Adam's grip released.

“See, I knew you'd like it, babe. Sorry for surprising you, but I'm a good kisser, huh?” Ryan asked, sauntering up to me. My vision clouded with red mist. The next thing I knew, I was on top of a bleeding, bruised Ryan, my hand on his neck and my fist above his face. I didn't know when I'd decided to beat the shit out of him, but I was glad I did.

“Don't fucking call me babe.”

I stood, letting him stand up. I felt Adam and Jerome behind me, guarding me. Ryan scrambled up, dusting his shirt off. He pushed through us and ran upstairs.

I exhaled, rubbing my forehead.

“Sorry,” I apologized, turning to Jerome and Adam.

“Sorry? Sorry for what? That was awesome!” Jerome complimented.

“Yeah. Fucker deserved it,” Adam muttered. I grinned at them both.

“Thanks for backing me up. And sorry I lost control.”

“Stop saying sorry,” Jerome responded.

“Thanks for being there, Jerome. I don't know where I'd be if you weren't. It was so-” I sighed. “Sorry if that made it weird.”

Jerome shook his head again.

“I told you, stop saying sorry.” He smiled at me. I returned it.

“What do you say we order some pizza?” Adam called from the kitchen. I hadn't noticed he'd left.

“Yeah,” I called back. “That sounds good.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So. 

I updated yesterday, didn't I? It was past midnight, so I guess that counts as two updates. It was yesterday, wasn't it? I'm so confused. Oh well. Here's another update. Take it.

I've been really happy with the last two chapters, chapter 8 especially. I'm still stoked that I haven't run out of ideas yet, and I have some planned for future chapters. 

In other news, Cat beat the fuck out of Ryan. Guess what was served with their pizza that night? 

Justice

-The Moon's Shadow