Rehabilitation

~ Chapter Thirteen ~

"You don't have to help really." Red insisted that I just go back home but she's 19 dealing with 4 kids on her own. There is no way I would just leave without trying to help.

"I'm not leaving. If you need me to watch them I can. If you need me to get your brother out of whatever trouble he's in I can. Just give me the word." I explained.

"Okay.. could you watch them please? I have to work and if I lose this job-"

"Hey hey no doubt you need to get to work. I'll take them to my crib we can have dinner and whatnot. They can sleep there. Don't worry. We gotta hurry and get them out of the house though. Your shift starts in a half hour." I stepped inside and she hugged me, despite the press on time, I hugged her back.

"This is Miracle." She picked the toddler up and she smiled at me.

"Hi there beautiful." I said holding out my arms. "Can I?"

"Oh of course." She handed her to me and I held her on my side.

"Justice and Daniel you're going to spend the night at Ari's tonight." I looked at the couch where two identical twins sat. Justice was a girl and Daniel was a boy. They both hopped off the couch. "Run upstairs and get clothes for tomorrow and your toothbrushes you have 1 minute I'm counting."

They both ran towards the stairs and I smiled at Miracle who was playing in my hair and Red smiled at me.

"That what you wear to work?" I asked. She broke out of her gaze and darted upstairs. "You have 1 minute I'm counting!"

I waited for them to come downstairs and they did everything they had to do quicker than I expected. We all went out to the car and everyone got a seat. Miracle sat between the twins and Red and I put their stuff in my trunk.

"Thank you Ari. You're like my knight in shining armor." She's so corny. I laughed and put my arm around her shoulders.

"I'd rather be your savior in the sexy camaro." I replied with a smirk. She laughed as I walked her to the passenger side and opened the door for her. She got in and I jogged around to my side. She told me which club she worked at so I stepped on the gas and got there 10 minutes early.

"Are you my sister's girlfriend?" Justice asked after I parked. Red blushed and hid her face from me.

"Soon I will be." I said with a smile. "Aye shy girl.."

Red looked up at me with the biggest smile.

"I'm not shy." She said.

"Then don't hide your beautiful face from me. You gonna be okay tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll manage."

"I'll send a driver to pick you up at 4. You wanna come to my place or go home?"

"School is out now so I can come to your place. Sure that's okay?" She asked for what seemed like the millionth time.

"I wouldn't offer if I didn't want to help. I'll see you around 4:30 and don't worry I'll be awake." I said. She gave me a hug and kiss and said her goodbyes before she went inside for work.

* * * *

I sat the plates of orange chicken, rice and broccoli on the table and sat down with the kids. They were so cute. I helped Miracle eat and the twins handled that themselves. After we were all finished eating, I took them to the theater room where I put on Inside Out.

I got on my phone while watching the movie and Miracle seemed to be getting tired so she laid on me.

^ Miracle ^

^ Miracle ^

I rubbed her back until she fell asleep laying across my lap. Justice and Daniel didn't get tired until the movie was over.

"Alright time for bed." I stood up with Miracle in my arms and the twins followed me upstairs. "Do y'all want your own room for the night?"

They both shook their head so I took Justice to one room and Daniel to another and made sure they brushed their teeth before going to sleep. Miracle was clinging on to my shirt so I just took her with me to my room. I laid down with her on me and got on my phone.

* * * *

It was around 5 when I heard my doorbell ring. Miracle was sleeping soundly next to me so I got up and ran to open the door. Red was standing there looking tired. She smiled at me and I couldn't stop myself from smiling back.

"He take you home to change clothes?" I asked referring to the driver.

"Yeah thanks again. I didn't believe this was your house when he pulled up but what do ya know." I laughed and pulled her inside.

"How was work?" I asked. "You hungry? You wanna go to sleep? You-"

"Slow ya roll Ari." She said laughing. "Work was terrible. I really just wanna go to sleep."

"Come with me m'lady." I held my hand and she took it, letting me lead her up to my room. "You can sleep in here with Miracle. I'll just sleep in another guest room so get comfortable."

"Well that's silly. You can sleep in here with us we don't bite. Actually... we're not gonna get into that right now." She said causing me to laugh. "Just sleep on that side of Miracle and I'll sleep on the other side."

"If you insist." I went into my closet while she got comfortable on my bed and I changed into sweats and a muscle tee. I went back to lay down and Red was already asleep. She deserves it. I fell asleep not long after her.

* * * *

I was alone now after taking them home an hour ago and I had not a damn thing to do. I was about to go work out but my doorbell rang. I jogged to open the door and almost slammed it right back. I was face to face with TK...

"Thanks for trying to help me.. Remember the car crash? I wasn't dead Ariana. The odds of me living weren't very likely but shit look at me now. I'm back and I'm better."